facebook

Startup Images and Icons not loading

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Code_A

All of a sudden, my startup images and icons are not being included in my build. I am including all of the images during the build process, but when I load the app on my device the default mobi startup screen is displayed. Then, when I go back to rebuild the app all of the image fields are blank except one icon. Usually mobi saves the info for the last build. What is going on?

#347733 Reply

Code_A

Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? This is frustrating as this app is ready for the app store.

To my knowledge, I am not doing anything differently in my build process for my app than I have done in the past. Why is my startup screen not loading onto my device for my app? I just get the MobiOne default startup screen.

It seems this happened after I loaded some other MobiOne apps on my device without startup screen, but I have since removed those apps but my custom startup screen is still not loading.

Any ideas?

#347734 Reply

Brandon

I think I did have this happen, but never thought about it until I read this post.

But, it was the same. In between testing other screens that were not startup screens. I did have the project loaded at the same time, if this has anything to do with it. As I only have a couple more projects, not a problem for me, but could be a bug… if I get time Ill test the theory.

#347735 Reply

Hi Code A,

You are building a native right? is it an iOS app or android app? What is the cordova version you are using? Also please share a build ID.
    Do you have the same issue if you create a simple helloworld project and build it with the same branding images?

#347739 Reply

Code_A

Thank you for the support.

I am building a native app for iOS. How do I check my cordova version?

I just loaded another app using the same startup screen and it worked ok on that one. How do I fix the other app?

#347741 Reply

Code_A

After confirming the splash screen worked on the other app, I decided to create a new project directory and move all my mobi files over and try again. This seemed to work. While it is a workaround, I would still like to know if there is a way to fix this issue without moving the files to a new directory should this issue arise again.

Thanks for the help!

#347752 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

This happened to me once, by mistake I pointed to the images in a backup folder instead of the main image folder inside the project folder, so, do you have all your images in the same folder inside the project folder? Are you sure you pointed to the correct location? I cannot think of any other reason why this should happen other than these 2 things.

#347781 Reply

Hi Code A,

It looks like a caching issue on the server. If you have a build id we might be able to track it down to learn why the images were not being updated. Also, could you share if you have renamed an image you were using as startup image?

#347807 Reply

Code_A

I did not rename any of the images, however I may have moved them on my pc (can’t remember for sure). Since I have the ability to relink the images during the build process I wouldn’t expect either of the above scenarios to be an issue.

Is there a way to clear the cache from the user end? As I mentioned, I moved my entire project to a new directory as a workaround.

I will get a build number for you when I get back to my pc.

#347809 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>Is there a way to clear the cache from the user end?

There is not external control for the app center caching mechanism. The build id can help us debug into what might have caused this issue.

>As I mentioned, I moved my entire project to a new directory as a workaround.

Yea, you shouldn’t have had to do this as a workaround… will see what we can learn 🙁

#347838 Reply

Code_A

@Michael

Build #61964574 is not loading the splash screen on my device. Please let me know what you figure out and how it can be avoided by the end user (if possible). Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Startup Images and Icons not loading

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in