It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 am

MobiOne Zipcode2Geolocation w/ Google Map Example

View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:09 am   

@bertbeck
Can you send me an example of the #2 issue for further investigation? Send to support at genuitec dot com with title "mobione iphone4 list data for wayne". We have a small window of time to fix problems like this before the 1.2.1 update ships later this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 am   

@bertbeck
Are you seeing something similar to this post: http://www.genuitec.com/support-mobione/viewtopic.php?p=3427#p3427?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:00 pm   

I've come across another issue which seems to explain some of the problems I've encountered: sometimes the .html or the .css file does not get regenerated (so I end up running off the old copy). After each export to html - I now check the files that are generated and if one has and older date - I delete it - and then export again. This fixes the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:57 pm   

I am seeing something similar to viewtopic.php?p=3427#p3427?

but I see it when I create a rounded list with prev and next buttons at the bottom. The list fits fine in the designer - but when I run it on the iPhone 4 the list takes up more space and pushes the button off the screen. I've fixed it by using a scrolling panel for the list and anchoring the buttons to the bottom. But - it does show me that the layout does not reflect what actually happens on the iPhone 4 - I'm sure due to scaling issues. If it were possible to preview "as an iPhone 3GS or as an iPhone 4" - that would be nice. I found simulators on the web that helped me see what the generated code looks like on a 3GS.

I suggest having an option to hide the footer toolbar as well. I think you have the code in there but they still show when using the browser - if there is a way around that - it would help. They disappear when I create an icon on the home page and run from there.

I do run into the files not being regenerated bug fairly often that I mentioned earlier- not sure what is the cause of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:48 pm   

@bertbeck
As usually I'm always interested in user experiences where the UI design does not match either in the Test Center or on device. Can you send me your design file or an example that renders differently on the iphone3 and iphone4. We have been working to make the experience as close as possible between devices. Send to support at genuitec dot com with title "mobione list scaling issue for wayne" and I'll investigate it immediately.

The Designer and the Test Center both provide options for hiding the buttonbar. The Test Center also provides a Browser>Strict Web Clips Mode that behaves exactly as the iphone device. On the iphone the buttonbar can not be programmatically hidden via an api. It is only hidden when the webapp is saved to the iphone home screen. The Test Center hides this complexity by default to avoid prematurely throwing deployment details at the user before he has even developed anything significant worth testing on a device.

re: files not being regenerated
Is there a repeatable scenario that you have encountered? For example, are you designing multiple pages and one of the secondary pages (not the main page) does not get its content regenerated... I am trying a few scenarios on my end.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:22 am   

Hi.

Here's how to determine your current location from javascript:
http://www.thecssninja.com/javascript/g ... ion-iphone

Regards,
Per

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 pm   

bertbeck wrote:
Hi-

I just downloaded MobiOne and this test app. I installed MobiOne and opened the project and then I got a message about saving in the latest format. The project seems to compile and run ok. It looks up the zipcode ok but does not show a map.

Any ideas?

I'm looking to create a trail map from gps coordiniates with topography and elevations. If you have any suggestions for resources or examples to do this - please let me know.

tks

For map issue include
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>
in zipcode-details.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 pm   

Regarding including

<<<script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>
in zipcode-details.html>>

Would it be possible to have some custom file that would contain additional scripts to load that would then be included in the <head> section of the page, much as you do with _custom.js?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:12 am   

@geebee

I have opened an enhancement request with the dev team for such a feature for both js and css files. My understanding is that this capability is planned in the next few months as part of a major improvement of the Design Center workbench to introduce projects, rich editors, ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:11 pm   

I download the example and MobiOne ask me if I want to update / modify the code. I said yes. Other than that modification I have not made any changes, but the map will not display on my phone or in the emulator. What do I need to fix the issue? A google acount / api key? Or should the map work right out of the box? My bad,.. found <script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>