facebook

10.0.1 install problem in ubuntu 11.10

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

John Hamilton
    Participant

Installed 10.0.1 over 10.0 (mistake ?) and it didn’t work. log file attached. by the way, won’t accept the extension .log, or indeed anything I tried, which seems odd… so here it is inline..
    !SESSION 2011-12-15 12:27:10.822 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_13
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_GB
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-12-15 12:27:25.794
    !MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.osgi.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.resume(InternalSystemBundle.java:225)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:654)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:175)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The System Bundle could not be resolved: Another singleton version selected: org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.1.R37x_v20110808-1106
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.checkSystemState(BaseStorage.java:820)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.getStateManager(BaseStorage.java:793)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.getPlatformAdmin(BaseAdaptor.java:380)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAdaptorHook.frameworkStart(EclipseAdaptorHook.java:91)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.frameworkStart(BaseAdaptor.java:253)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start(SystemBundleActivator.java:60)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
    … 13 more
    Root exception:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: The System Bundle could not be resolved: Another singleton version selected: org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.1.R37x_v20110808-1106
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.checkSystemState(BaseStorage.java:820)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.getStateManager(BaseStorage.java:793)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.getPlatformAdmin(BaseAdaptor.java:380)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAdaptorHook.frameworkStart(EclipseAdaptorHook.java:91)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.frameworkStart(BaseAdaptor.java:253)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start(SystemBundleActivator.java:60)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.resume(InternalSystemBundle.java:225)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:654)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:273)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-12-15 12:27:25.797
    !MESSAGE Startup error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.osgi.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.resume(InternalSystemBundle.java:233)
    Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.osgi.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
    … 11 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The System Bundle could not be resolved: Another singleton version selected: org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.1.R37x_v20110808-1106
    … 13 more

#321761 Reply

John Hamilton
    Participant

… because it gave me the option to change the directory that contained both ‘Common’ and ‘MyEclipse 10’ and I didn’t realise that I could change one without changing the other. They had been ~/pgm/Common and ~/pgm/MyEclipse 10 and the reinstall (after I’d deleted both subdirectories) pointed me at ~/pgm and I assumed that if I changed that to (for example) ‘~/pgm/ME10’ I would get ‘~/pgm/ME10/Common’ and ‘~/pgm/ME10/MyEclipse 10’, which is not what I wanted.
    (apologies… this got into a new thread by mistake)

#321787 Reply

support-joy

hamiljf,

Please clarify what do you mean by –

Installed 10.0.1 over 10.0 (mistake ?) and it didn’t work.

The online installer for 10.0.1 doesn’t install over anything, it installs in its own location.

because it gave me the option to change the directory that contained both ‘Common’ and ‘MyEclipse 10’ and I didn’t realise that I could change one without changing the other. They had been ~/pgm/Common and ~/pgm/MyEclipse 10 and the reinstall (after I’d deleted both subdirectories) pointed me at ~/pgm and I assumed that if I changed that to (for example) ‘~/pgm/ME10’ I would get ‘~/pgm/ME10/Common’ and ‘~/pgm/ME10/MyEclipse 10’, which is not what I wanted.
    (apologies… this got into a new thread by mistake)

How did you change the directory? Did you do that manually? Common Folder contains MyEclipse sensitive files. If you wish to move MyEclipse installation dir to another location, you need to change .pulse2.locator file in USER-HOME and point to the new location and then change the MyEclipse installation dir. But after installation you should not move / edit common directories/sub-directories. Refer https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-where-are-the-myeclipse-files-and-folders/ on location of files and folders.

I would recommend you repair on install a new ME 10 profile. Please run the MyEclipse 10 installer file again. This would list you 4 options, you could either choose to repair or install another copy of MyEclipse 10.

Let me know how this works for you.

#321807 Reply

John Hamilton
    Participant

Two issues got confused here because I think I posted a reply to another question in the wrong place.
    1. Install 10.0.1
    I use a directory ~/pgm to hold this stuff and I had 10.0 installed in ‘~/pgm/MyEclipse 10’ so I changed the install directory for the milestone from that offered to ‘~/pgm/MyEclipse 10’ because I didn’t want to change the symbolic link I had set up. Because of a command line parsing problem I have ‘~/pgm/ME10’ -> ‘~/pgm/MyEclipse 10’. So over-wrote stuff in the ‘MyEclipse 10’ directory when installing the milestone. When it didn’t work, I rm’d the directories and reinstalled 10.0
    2. Name changing issue.
    This is pretty minor (I hope) but embedding blanks in a command line sometimes gives problems and I try to avoid it. Because of the way the option to change the install location is offered, I got confused about which of ‘~/pgm’, ‘~/pgm/MyEclipse 10’ and ‘~/pgm/Common’ would be set. The dialog offered ‘/home/hamiljf/pgm’ as the directory to be changed and so I thought that if I set it to (say) ‘/home/hamiljf/pgm/ME10’ I would get the two directories ‘/home/hamiljf/ME10/Common’ and ‘/home/hamiljf/pgm/ME10/MyEclipse 10’ which I did not want. I now understand that the install doesn’t work that way, but it wasn’t obvious from the dialog.

#321898 Reply

support-joy

hamiljf,

My apologies for the late reply. Thank you for the clarifications.

I rm’d the directories and reinstalled 10.0

Are you all set? Were you able to install ME 10 on Ubuntu 11.10?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: 10.0.1 install problem in ubuntu 11.10

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in