facebook

2014 deployement of EAR file

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bigrodent
    Participant

I know I probably waited too long to take an update but I finally got around to updating v8 and I am jumping to 2014 Blue.(I will have to deploy this to WAS as well as JBoss so I am hoping the Blue version makes this easy) 2014 did not seem to understand my v8 old projects very well so I am starting from scratch and creating a new EAR deployment and loading in the source files. I cannot seem to get the dependent jars/projects to export and the magic setting for EAR files that was in preferences settings seems to be gone. Did this setting get moved or did I misunderstand what the “blue” version is and this is ONLY for WebSphere with special EAR deployment options?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#347583 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing issues.

1. The deployment engine has been modified since the MyEclipse 8.x and now the deployment of applications is transparently handled through the Deployment Assembly mechanism. Use the project’s deployment assembly property page to precisely control the deployment of your project’s resources. Right click on your project and navigate to Properties > MyEclipse > Deployment Assembly page. The dependencies which you add in the Deployment Assembly page will make it through for Export.

2. What exact issue do you see when you try to migrate the MyEclipse 8.x project to MyEclipse 2014 ? If possible please attach the screenshot to get help us get a visual and also attach the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log to help us investigate further.

Let us know how it works for you.

#347590 Reply

bigrodent
    Participant

I found that deployment page but there are two issues I had with it:

1) When I add another project to deploy. it then won’t let me deploy saying “project modules hierarchy is inconsistent with deployment”

2) When I try to add external jars to this package they let me select them from the file system but they never show in the list.

As for the problems with v8 upgrade it was just too many errors with facets and simply error after error that I couldn’t fix. It would have taken a week to get through. Seems like the core definition of an EAR changed and v8 was ok with it but not 2014. I am past this now and there is no way for me to go back.

#347609 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Are you trying to add projects in DA while the project is deployed? If yes, you should remove the project from deployment and then add/remove projects in DA and redeploy the project.

Sorry that you are seeing issues with migration. Is it possible for you to send us the problematic project or the project’s configuration files (all .* files ex: .project,.settings,.classpath for EAR,EJB and Web) to help us replicate the issue at our end?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 2014 deployement of EAR file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in