facebook

A question on the Struts Development Demo [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ajvar

Sorry for this total beginner question, but can somebody please tell me wht do i have
    to write in the success.jsp before the

= session.getAttribute(“name”); %> , you logged in!!!!

😳 😳 😳

#217876 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you more clearly state what your problem is that you are having, and then I’ll have a better context to answer this from.

#217901 Reply

micha

@ajvar wrote:

Sorry for this total beginner question, but can somebody please tell me wht do i have
    to write in the success.jsp before the

= session.getAttribute(“name”); %> , you logged in!!!!

try:
    Hello <%=session.getAttribute(“name”)%>, you logged in! <br>

His problem is the flash demo where you can’t see the whole input.
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/StrutsTutorial.htm please see page 76/128

I hope, i could help.

Micha

PS:
    I like the flash demos, but I hate the keyboard noises and the breaks when he types.

#217902 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Micha,
    You are exactly right with what you tried, that was the code used… I’m working on the new Quickstart Struts guide now (the JSF one should be done today or tommorow) and will provide full code snippets.

The idea behind that code is that in our action we put the “name” attribute in the session, then in our JSP page, we get the “name” attribute out of the session and show it… that’s it. So the code you haev should be fine. What problem are you seeing? What does your action code and struts-config.xml file look like?

#217944 Reply

micha

@support-rkalla wrote:

Micha,
    The idea behind that code is that in our action we put the “name” attribute in the session, then in our JSP page, we get the “name” attribute out of the session and show it… that’s it. So the code you haev should be fine. What problem are you seeing? What does your action code and struts-config.xml file look like?

I think, you misunderstood me. I have no problems. My StrutsDemo project is running well. I meant only, that the user (which placed the question not I) doesn’t know what he should input because the flash demo not show it properly or in other words he can’t see the characters <%= in the flash demo (see 76/128) in the link above.

Regards, micha

#217958 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hahh, I didn’t even notice there were two different users posting in the thread, sorry about the confusion and I should thank you for helping out, that was very nice of you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: A question on the Struts Development Demo [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in