facebook

Adding external resources [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Checkmate

Hi there

I have been trying to find a way to add external resources like “tld”-files.

The problem is that I have been asigned to a project when they use 2 TLD-files which is not packed as JAR-files.

In ofther tools, like IntelliJ(wihich is used in the project), it is posible to set project-resources like TLD-files as “External Resources” – but how do I do that in MyEclipse?

Regards
    Tolstrup

#222868 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tolstrup,
    You don’t need to add the TLD files to your project properties, as long as your project is of type Web Project and under the: <Web root>/WEB-INF directory and defined in the web.xml file, MyEclipse will find them and provide autocomplete/error validation for them in your JSP files.

#222916 Reply

Checkmate

So what you mean is that I should create a new project(a Web Project!!) – where I set the reference to where I have save the project locale(using winCVS)

And that will do the trick??

Regards
    Checkmate

#222917 Reply

Checkmate

I should be abel to create a new project from a CVS structure and the it should be abel to locate all the files.

But this does not happen ???

I can not find the LTD files afterworths. SO normaly one will create a “External resource” so the tool can find the nessary files. But how do I do that in MyEclispeIDE??

I have tryed creating a new project – as w Web Project – and point it to where I have saved the files using winCVS – but I still get the errores.

Please advise on what to do.

Regards
    Checkmate

#222918 Reply

Checkmate

Is there any way I can see where MyEclipseIDE is trying to find the LTD-files??

Then I will be abel to manuelly place the files there.

#222924 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Checkmate, please read our web project quickstart here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-67.html

As I mentioned, when you create a web project (either by creating a new project OR by adding Web capabilities to an existing Java project) you specify a “Web root” directory. This directory symbolizes the root of your web application when it is deployed (e.g. usually where your index.jsp page is). Under this directory you must have your WEB-INF directory. Under the WEB-INF director you will have a web.xml file, usually some XML config files and your TLD files. As long as your TLD files are properly defined in your web.xml file, MyEclipse will read the web.xml file, and load the specified TLD files for you, so when you go to edit your JSP pages, and import the taglib by way of the @taglib directive, MyEclipse will provide autocomplete and validation for you.

#223043 Reply

Checkmate

The project is rather large and the platform is IBM Portal Server.

There is no real WEB-INF folder because the source-files are seperated in different areas. Build is done using ANT.

So what I need is a way to tell MyEclipseIDE where to find thise TLD-files used in all the areas ….??

But I recond that this not posible in MyEclipseIDE … 🙁 And it is not posible to locate where I manuelly could place the TLD-files on the harddrive(where MyEclipseIDE is looking for TLD-files as default) so that MyEclipseIDE will find them.
    So I will have to use some other tool in this project 🙁

I thank you for the help you have provided. Unfortently if was not the answer I hoped to get, but that is not your foult/problem.

Regards

Checkmate

#223054 Reply

Riyad Kalla

There is no real WEB-INF folder because the source-files are seperated in different areas. Build is done using ANT.

So what I need is a way to tell MyEclipseIDE where to find thise TLD-files used in all the areas ….??

If the development version of the project is sufficiently different than the deployed version (no web.xml file under WEB-INF, no /lib or /classes dir under it, TLDs are elsewhere, etc.) then I do not think this will work with MyEclipse.

I thank you for the help you have provided. Unfortently if was not the answer I hoped to get, but that is not your foult/problem.

I’m sorry this didn’t work out, every once in a while someone will have an extremely complex/large project like this and it is a use case we just can’t cover with our tool. Hopefully in the future we will be able to and offer you and your team a working solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Adding external resources [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in