facebook

An internal error occurred during: "Initializing Java Tooling". java.lang.NullPo

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sylvainmaisonhaute
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m discovering MyEclipse with a trial version 2017 stable 2.0
    Build id : 15.0.1-20171220

I had a project : on Tuesday, I had error messages about Maven problems. There was an error cross on the pom.xml file.
    Yesterday, I went on the Project/Properties/Maven/Lifecycle Mapping menu : getting out, the errors disapeared and I could start the project.
    Today, I had the error message when starting MyEclipse : An internal error occurred during: “Initializing Java Tooling”. java.lang.NullPointerException. I couldn’t start the server, and some errors appeared in the src folder, and in the pom.xml file

Finally, I stopped MyEclipse and started it again two hours later. I went on the project/Properties/Maven/Lifecycle Mapping menu again : the error cross on the src folders disapeared, but the error cross on the pom.xml file remained. My project is starting aqain.

What should I do to configure correctly MyEclipse, so that I can have a reliable tool to review the project that is being developped for me ?

I join the .log file.

Best regards,

SM

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #591208 Reply

support-swapna

SM,

Thank you for trying MyEclipse. Sorry that you are seeing this problem.
    From the log file it looks the installation is corrupted.

Can you please shut down MyEclipse and try starting it again with -clean command line args?
    Here is the FAQ with instructions on starting MyEclipse with -clean :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

If starting with -clean does not help, then please reinstall MyEclipse. Delete the .deliverycenter.installs file located in your user home and rerun the installer to install a fresh copy to a different location.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#591396 Reply

sylvainmaisonhaute
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I tried to start MyEclipse with -clean : no change was noticed.
    I disinstalled MyEclipse and reinstalled the 64 bits version : no change despite I suppressed the file .deliverycenter.installs

Finally I reinstalled MyEclipse an other time in 32 bits version : this time it seems to work correctly, but I still have some error messages sometimes. I had to increase the time outpu of the server…

It seems that my problem is solved. I hope it will remain stable.

Many thanks for quickly answering and for your help.

Best regards,
    SM

#591815 Reply

support-swapna

SM,

Apologies for missing your response. Glad that it finally works.
    The timeout interval depends on the processing speed of your machine. If you have a slow processing machine, then you should increase the timeout interval.

Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: An internal error occurred during: "Initializing Java Tooling". java.lang.NullPo

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in