facebook

Angular IDE fails to launch after upgrade to MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

telno
    Participant

Fails with the error (attached screenshot) claiming “Failed to Create the Java Virtual Machine”

Downloaded the installer but it also fails – install window opens, but crashes/closes when clicking ‘Next’

Advice very much appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #667885 Reply

telno
    Participant

CodeMix / Angular IDE installer DMG also fails to run on MacOS Big Sur (which was released last week).

#667887 Reply

orezvani
    Participant

I have a similar issue. Is it because Apple has manipulated the Java versions that were installed on your macOS?

I used to have 8, 9, etc, but after the upgrade only 8 is available.

#667888 Reply

telno
    Participant

I did a full uninstall of all Java versions. Tried version 15, tried version 8, and Angular IDE fails with both of them

#667899 Reply

support-swapna

telno/orezvani,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for reporting the issue with installers on Big Sur.
    The dev team is currently investigating it and will update the installers as soon as we have a fix.

For now, please install the latest Eclipse version i.e Eclipse 2020-09 and install Angular IDE from the Eclipse Marketplace.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#672694 Reply

Hi there,

Any news about this issue ?
    Our team have upgraded their OS to Big Sur due to iOS development requirements.

Does your team can provide an update or at least a workaround to use AngularIDE on Big Sur ? Using Eclipse is not an option for our company.

I understand that you’ve announced the end of life of your product, but I renewed our licences just before the announcement and I would expect a minimum support for customers that still have valid licences.

#672738 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Can you please clarify if you have already installed Angular IDE on Big Sur and the installation is not working as expected or whether you are trying to install a fresh copy of Angular IDE on Big Sur?

For existing installation which is exhibiting inconsistencies and UI issues, please see this FAQ for the patch details : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/fix-myeclipse-on-big-sur/

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if this helps.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#673441 Reply

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

It is fresh installations on Big Sur since we got new hardwares.

I’ve tested to copy my installation including files from the home directory from old computer to the new one, and then applying the patch you mentioned and it seems working so far (at least the IDE can be launched now). I’ll check with my team if they can replicate the procedure on their computers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Angular IDE fails to launch after upgrade to MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in