facebook

Angular IDE hangs on Building workspace (38%)

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Brian
    Participant

I am intermittently seeing Webclipse hang while building the workspace. Disabling automatic builds or the TypeScript Builder fixes the problem, but errors/warnings no longer appear in the TypeScript editor.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript 4 0 2016-12-14 09:33:54.526
    !MESSAGE Error: can't find symbol inheritedParamsDataResolve exported from module eclipse:access-ui/node_modules/@angular/router/src/router_state.d.ts
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.services.internal.Bridge$BridgeException: Error: can't find symbol inheritedParamsDataResolve exported from module eclipse:access-ui/node_modules/@angular/router/src/router_state.d.ts
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(ReflectorHost.findDeclaration (C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(_loop_1 (C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(ExtModuleCollector.readFileMetadata (C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at Array.map(native)
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(ExtModuleCollector.getModuleSymbols (C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(TypeScriptServiceHost.getModuleSummary (C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(TypeScriptServiceHost.updateProgram (C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at <static>.<anonymous>(LanguageServicePlugin.validate (C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin)
    	at Angular2Validator.validate(C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin\bridge\angular2\angular2Endpoint.js:83:14)
    	at LanguageEndpoint.performValidation(C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin\bridge\language\languageEndpoint.js:461:39)
    	at Main.processRequest(C:\User Programs\eclipse-jee-neon-1a-win32-x86_64\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.0.2.201611301658\bin\bridge\main.js:43:33)
    	at <js-bridge.call>(Unknown Source)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.services.internal.Bridge.processRequest(Bridge.java:201)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.services.internal.Bridge.call(Bridge.java:150)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.services.language.LanguageEndpoint.performValidation(LanguageEndpoint.java:318)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.TypeScriptBuilder.build(TypeScriptBuilder.java:242)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.TypeScriptBuilder.build(TypeScriptBuilder.java:204)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:735)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:206)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:246)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:301)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:304)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:360)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:383)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:144)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 2 0 2016-12-14 09:35:49.461
    !MESSAGE Duplicate template id: 'org.eclipse.wst.xslt.templates.xpath.number'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 2 0 2016-12-14 09:35:49.463
    !MESSAGE Duplicate template id: 'org.eclipse.wst.xslt.templates.xpath.round'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 2 0 2016-12-14 09:36:34.938
    !MESSAGE Duplicate template id: 'org.eclipse.wst.xslt.templates.xpath.number'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface.text 2 0 2016-12-14 09:36:34.940
    !MESSAGE Duplicate template id: 'org.eclipse.wst.xslt.templates.xpath.round'
    #505835 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Brian,

Builder and as-you-type validation in editor are disjoint and one should not influence the other. If you have many errors/warnings on the project you might see a little bit of freeze when project explorer and problems view refreshes statuses at the end of the build, but still that would happen only on full or clean builds. Could you please provide more details on the issue, screenshot of progress view, maybe short video of the problem?

The stack trace you are seeing is related to Angular 2 support and usually means that something’s wrong with your project local installation of Angular 2 in node_modules. The problem is isolated to Angular 2 support and should not affect TypeScript file validation or content assist at all. What version of Angular 2 your project is using? Can you run “npm install” to ensure that all of dependencies are properly downloaded?

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#505841 Reply

Brian
    Participant

The problem went away for awhile after deleting my node_modules directory and running npm install again. After about an hour it hung again while running the TypeScript Builder. The only difference is that the percentage was 46% instead of 38%.

After a bit testing I don’t think there is a problem with the as-you-type validation. The problem only exists with the TypeScript Builder. I have the project set to build automatically with a Faceted Project Validation Builder, Validation Builder, and TypeScript Builder. These were all created automatically by eclipse. Saving a file triggers the automatic build, and I think the problem occurs if multiple saves are made very quickly. Specifically if a save triggers a build and the next save is made before the previous build completes.

#505842 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Brian,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for troubles! Could you please provide my screenshot of progress view when the builder is freezed? It will help me with reproducing and locating the issue.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#505843 Reply

Brian
    Participant

I can verify it is triggered by multiple saves. I got the following by just hitting space then ctrl+s repeatedly in a .ts file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #506212 Reply

Brian
    Participant

Just a quick update. I got the as-you-type validation working again by fixing a small typo in my tsconfig file. The problem with the typescript builder persisted though so I have disabled it. So, far there does not seem to be any side effects. What does the typescript builder do (I don’t have “Automatically compile TypeScript files” checked in the TypeScript configuration), and should I expect anything to not work with it disabled?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #506217 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Sorry for not getting back to you quicker. We were unable to reproduce the hang so far. Does the dialog building workspace dialog go away after some time? Would you be able to provide a sample project which fails for you in a similar way?

The builder is responsible for updating validation markers for the TS files (Problems view, Project Explorer) and Angular 2 validation of HTML templates is performed only through the builder. So, if you disable it, you won’t get that type of validation.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#507508 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Happy New Year!

Good news on the reported builder problem – we were finally able to reproduce the problem and get it fixed! It turned out that TS node process was hanging on printing debug message to it’s Error Stream. The issue was happening only on Windows (I am developing on Linux). It turns out that Windows has fixed size for the stream and just blocks the process if the stream is not being read and we were reading the stream only in debug mode. Next Webclipse release should be this week, so you should the fix with it. We are also working on getting rid of those excessive error logging you’re seeing, but this will hit the next release.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#507509 Reply

Brian
    Participant

Thanks, this is a wonderful Christmas present.

#508263 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hi Brian!

I am glad to be giving away such presents! The newest release of Webclipse is out and you should be getting the fix with it. Please keep in touch!

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Angular IDE hangs on Building workspace (38%)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in