facebook

Angular IDE – problem starting 'Angular CLI' server

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

sayantansinha
    Participant

tony,
    no there are no network issues, I have been running npm update/install all the while and I can do all those things. The upgrade to Angular 6 has already been done before I installed this IDE. Does Angular IDE support Angular 6?

#597329 Reply

sayantansinha
    Participant

any help would be greatly appreciated for this

#597331 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

sayantansinha,

[Sorry, I typed this but forgot to send it.]

Yes, indeed, Angular IDE supports Angular 6. Angular 6 changed the name of the Angular CLI json file, which meant it wasn’t recognized by our tooling as an Angular project and so didn’t appear in the Angular CLI servers view. We fixed that in an older release than the one you have and, as you see, it appears in the servers view now.

This may require a call to sort out but can you confirm that you are able to use all other angular tools in eclipse and run npm update from the Terminal+ view? I’m asking only because you mentioned upgrading to Angular 6 outside of eclipse so I just want to make sure that you do use the Angular IDE facilities for most of the development. If so, then we need to figure out why your getting issues that appear to be network related when there is nothing wrong with your network set up in eclipse.

#597347 Reply

sayantansinha
    Participant

tony,
    Thanks for responding.
    Just now tried and it started working. The only thing I did was restart my machine, but that too for some other reason and nothing related to this. I guess, good old reboot is the solution to everything 🙂

Thanks for having the patience to go through with me on this.

#597349 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Sayantan,

That’s great news, though strange. Yes, rebooting can be the fixer of various problems. 🙂

Thanks for letting us know and I’m relieved that there isn’t some highly complex issue to investigate.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Angular IDE – problem starting 'Angular CLI' server

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in