facebook

Any changes in Design mode, it changes back to Source mode..

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

riahc3

Hey

Whenever I change something in Design view mode, it makes the changes and goes to Source view mode. It is VERY annoying and antiproductive.

How can I fix this?

*** Date:
    miércoles 1 de febrero de 2012 09H08′ CET

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 10.0
    Build id: 10.0-20111028

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse for Spring

Version: 10.0.0

Build ID: 10.0.0 Build 7 (111109_1440)

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\MyEclipse for Spring 10\myeclipseforspring.exe
    -name
    Myeclipseforspring
    –launcher.library
    C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\MyEclipse for Spring 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201103301700\eclipse_3215.dll
    -startup
    C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\MyEclipse for Spring 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
    -install
    C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\MyEclipse for Spring 10
    -configuration
    C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\MyEclipse for Spring 10\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Archivos de programa\MyEclipse for Spring\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

#322867 Reply

support-swapna

riahc3 ,

Thanks for pointing to it. We could replicate the issue at our end. I have raised a PR for the dev team to work on it. They will reply to you soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

#322868 Reply

riahc3

@support-swapna wrote:

riahc3 ,

Thanks for pointing to it. We could replicate the issue at our end. I have raised a PR for the dev team to work on it. They will reply to you soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

After reading on your forums, I see this issue has existed some time ago, its not new. Trying to fix this bug now after it is known for a while is a bit unprofessional when we are paying a license for this software….

#322896 Reply

Brian Fernandes

riahc,

I can understand how this issue can be frustrating and make the editor practically unusable. While Swapna raised an additional report for this issue, I would like to clarify that the development team already does have a report against the problem and our Spring team had spent time working on the problem; we aren’t starting now.

The issue has not yet been fixed however as reproduction of the issue was proving to be difficult. We have been able to reproduce now and will update this thread when a fix is available.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

#323042 Reply

riahc3

@Support-Brian wrote:

riahc,

I can understand how this issue can be frustrating and make the editor practically unusable. While Swapna raised an additional report for this issue, I would like to clarify that the development team already does have a report against the problem and our Spring team had spent time working on the problem; we aren’t starting now.

The issue has not yet been fixed however as reproduction of the issue was proving to be difficult. We have been able to reproduce now and will update this thread when a fix is available.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your explanation.

For the time being, do you recommend any workarounds as we must do a program that involves a GUI and paying 99$ a year, with this development downtime, I not acceptable because as you know, time is money. Our team has been stopped because we cannot develop the app any further untill with have constructed the GUI.

#323073 Reply

Brian Fernandes

riac,

I’m sorry, I thought I had mentioned this in my last post but I see I did not. If you open the MyEclipse Configuration Center (Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center) and go to the Dashboard tab, you will see “Swing Designer for MyEclipse” in the list of MyEclipse Features. This is a better designer for Swing than our Matisse tooling, so if you are not bound to Matisse artifacts, you could use this tool instead.

#323131 Reply

riahc3

@Support-Brian wrote:

riac,

I’m sorry, I thought I had mentioned this in my last post but I see I did not. If you open the MyEclipse Configuration Center (Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center) and go to the Dashboard tab, you will see “Swing Designer for MyEclipse” in the list of MyEclipse Features. This is a better designer for Swing than our Matisse tooling, so if you are not bound to Matisse artifacts, you could use this tool instead.

OK once that is installed, how do I use it? I still see only the Matisse option….

#323619 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

riahc3,

Apologies for letting this topic slip for so long. You may already have discovered this but you can create new Swing Designer files by right clicking on the project, selecting New and then Other. Go to WIndow Builder->Swing Designer and there are a number of options to choose from.

Again, sorry for the delay.

#324674 Reply

riahc3

@support-tony wrote:

riahc3,

Apologies for letting this topic slip for so long. You may already have discovered this but you can create new Swing Designer files by right clicking on the project, selecting New and then Other. Go to WIndow Builder->Swing Designer and there are a number of options to choose from.

Again, sorry for the delay.

I dont see anything at all that says “Window Builder” or even “Window” at all. Am I missing something?

Again it is amazing that this bug STILL exists….

Im on the same version of MyEclipse as the start of this thread.

#324676 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

riahc3,

Have you installed Swing Designer?

Brian mentioned where to find the Swing Designer feature, in his earlier post. This has to be installed before seeing those options.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Any changes in Design mode, it changes back to Source mode..

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in