facebook

Auto compile

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi

One of my projects recently started recompiling as some files are opened in the editor and changes made to them without me saving them.

All the other projects behave as expected – compile on save.

I have searched for a setting that might have triggered this behaviour – to no avail.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Richard

#660749 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Can you please give us some more details?

1. What kind of project is it?
    2. In which type of editor are you seeing this problem? Is it in a specific type of file like TS or all the files in the project?
    3. Do you remember making any specific changes to this project? Close all the files, clean build the project and check if the issue persists.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660859 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Swapna

Sorry I always forget not everything revolves around Angular 🙂

So Angular 8 project.

It happens with both .ts and html files.

I have cleaned the project – no difference.

It happens if I open a folder or click on a file in the explorer, and when I make changes to a file. Just to make it harder it doesn’t always do it and it doesn’t happen with the same files. The compiler will often run a number of times before completing – as you can see from the attached. That all happened as one sequence.

Just to reiterate, it only happens with this project – none of the others we are working on.

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660897 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Thank you for the details and the terminal+ output.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Is the particular project using any build tasks defined in the project’s .vscode/tasks.json file?
    Please see these links for more information about build pipelines and tasks.json:
    https://www.genuitec.com/docs/assembly/build-pipelines/
    https://www.genuitec.com/docs/assembly/tasks.json

2. Regarding the other projects which work as expected, are they in the same workspace as this particular project or in different workspaces i.e one project per workspace? Any differences in the settings for these projects when compared to the troubled project?

3. If the project is not confidential, then can you please share it with us? You can strip the project of the source files and node_modules folder, leaving the structure intact to help us replicate the issue at our end.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660941 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Swapna

It’s not using any build tasks – and the tasks.json is exactly the same as other projects.

All the projects are in the same workspace.

I have attached the stripped down project folder.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    #661067 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Thank you for the project files. I see the files being auto saved and compiled only when I run the watch job (the icon with two ticks in the codemix editor) after making some changes to the files. If the watch job is already running, then compilation is happening only when I save the files.

Is this the behavior you are referring to? If no, then please share with us the steps in detail to help us replicate the problem with your project.
    Right from how you are starting the project, when exactly you are making changes to the files and what actions you are performing to get to the issue. Also share with us the complete Terminal+ output right from the start to help us check how the app is starting and with what parameters.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#661496 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Swapna

I have attached a sample terminal output.

Not sure if what you describe is what is happening or not – I thought it was but then I opened up the project a short while ago, started the server and then left it while I answered some emails. So I had the same files open from one I first started. Nothing was worked on or opened and yet every so often it re compiles.

Watch mode was off.

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    #661565 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

Thank you for sharing the Terminal+ output.
    This is really a strange behavior. I will file the details for further investigation with the dev team.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#661829 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Swapna

Are you still looking into this one or do you need more information from me?

Cheers

Richard

#661912 Reply

support-swapna

Richard,

I have filed a report with the dev team including the details and the project. We will get back to you once the dev team looks into it.
    Apologies for the delay.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Auto compile

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in