facebook

Better Logging When Starting Server

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ceby
    Participant

I am running a Spring app on Apache Tomcat 7 and am having a problem where the server is failing to start. The log in the console looks like this:

Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
    INFO: Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library 1.2.12 using APR version 1.5.2.
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
    INFO: APR capabilities: IPv6 [true], sendfile [true], accept filters [false], random [true].
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener initializeSSL
    INFO: OpenSSL successfully initialized (OpenSSL 1.0.2k 26 Jan 2017)
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
    INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler [“http-apr-8080”]
    INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler [“http-bio-8443”]
    INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler [“ajp-apr-8009”]
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
    INFO: Initialization processed in 1174 ms
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal
    INFO: Starting service Catalina
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal
    INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.79
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:34 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
    INFO: Deploying web application directory C:\tomcat7\webapps\myapp
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig execute
    INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    INFO: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
    Feb 06, 2020 12:00:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
    log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader).
    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

There are no errors but the server will eventually time out and fail to start.

This has occurred before and it was a problem with the database and since our DBA has been working on our database I suspect that’s the problem again. However, without an error message it’s really hard to troubleshoot this. Can anyone help me find how to change or configure logging so that I can find exactly what my problem is?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by ceby.
    #640697 Reply

support-swapna

Ceby,

You can increase the logging level in the tomcat dir/conf/logging.properties file for org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].level to FINE (or higher depending on your requirement) instead of INFO.

Please see here for more details about the logging levels. Similar issue with logging is discussed here.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Better Logging When Starting Server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in