facebook

block comments not working

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Dale
    Participant

Hi
    In all my other dev tabs such as html, js etc block comments work: (ctrl + alt+ \ and ctrl + alt + /)

When using the angular 2 webclipse plugin they don’t. I’ve tried editing the keys in settings but to no avial.

Any ideas why block comments don’t work in webclipse?

#537221 Reply

support-swapna

Dale,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

As per the Eclipse shortcuts, Ctrl+Shift+/ is for adding block comments and Ctrl+Shift+\ is to remove block comments. Can you please clarify if you have edited the key combination and set Ctrl+Alt+/ and Ctrl+Alt+\ instead?

I see no problem using Ctrl+Shift+/ and Ctrl+Shift+\ at my end with Webclipse. If you are still seeing issues, then please go to Window > Preferences > General > Keys and share with us the screenshot of the binding you see for the key combination you are working with to help us investigate further. Also share with us the Eclipse version details from Help > About Eclipse section and the OS and version details.

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#537230 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your quick response and please find attached images.

I have added the key manually for typescript but it doesn’t work either.

Thanks
    Dale

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #537334 Reply

support-swapna

Dale,

Thank you for the screenshots. I could not get the key binding to work for TypeScript files either. My earlier response was about other files like HTML/JS. I have filed a bug for the dev team to work on it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

In your screenshot, I see “Editing TypeScript Source” context for key bindings. Can you clarify if you have installed any other TypeScript related plugins? If yes, then please share more details about the plugin.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#537353 Reply

Dale
    Participant

yeah the other languages work as normal.

I did have typescript installed on my work machine but the screen shot is from my personal computer and i added webclipse only recently as it was a new laptop. i did add the binding manually though to try it out.

The plugin i used before was: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/angular2-eclipse

Yes please keep me posted.

Thanks
    Dale

#537513 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Dale,

Thanks for the details on the other plug-in. It’s possible that having two plug-ins for Angular/Typescript may cause conflicts, though that isn’t the cause for the key binding problem and I notice that the key binding also doesn’t work for the angular2-eclipse plug-in.

Sorry about the inconvenience; we’ll let you know when the fix is out.

#537673 Reply

Dale
    Participant

I didn’t have any other problems that i know of, only the block comments using the eclipse plugin.

It was exactly the same behavior on a fresh machine with just the eclipse plugin.

Thanks

#558942 Reply

alonabr
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there any solution for that issue? because I have still experienced the same.

Thanks

#558966 Reply

support-swapna

alonabr,

The problem with the key binding for block comments in TypeScript files is not yet fixed. A bug is already filed for the dev team to work on it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: block comments not working

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in