facebook

Bug: "New Window" changes original metadata

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lofi
    Participant

When you open MyEclipse (let’s call it Window A), then click on “New Window” in order to create a new MyEclipse instance (let’s call it Window B), then close Window A and after that close Window B, then the metadata will become foobared. The project settings of Window A changed, etc. Actually already Window B contains a different project structure, which may be the cause of the problem.

It’s easily reproducible, I tried it with MyEclipse 2017 CI 1.

I don’t see a point in using that functionality, I rather prefer to turn it off so that people don’t get into that trap 🙂

#515580 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Lofi,

I’m not sure what metadata you see being corrupted. I’ve tried this twice and don’t see a problem. Could you provide more details on what you see as being corrupted?

The “New Window” functionality is in the base eclipse package, so we don’t really have any control over that but this functionality can be used to fix a corrupted UI model in the original window (note that the new window is not a separate instance of eclipse/MyEclipse but another window on the same workspace. The preferences for perspectives (Window->Preferences->General->Perspectives) can specify that opening a perspective can open a new window, so this perhaps hints at the primary reason for the function.

In any case, please let us know what you see being corrupted to help us replicate the issue.

#515952 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Hi Tony,

thank you for the reply. Example: In my MyEclipse I have the servers and the Rest nodes in the Navigator hidden. When I hit “New Window” they are back visible in the new window. Similar happens with other projects. When you close that new window last, of course the metadata of that window are saved.

I tried now with a clean project setup and everything works with that as expected. Must be something with the project I’m using, after all it had several migrations since ME 8.6.

I already thought that it would be something with Eclipse itself and you couldn’t do anything.

I just won’t use the feature, so feel free to close the ticket.

Thank you!

#516230 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Lofi,

Thanks for letting us know the situation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Bug: "New Window" changes original metadata

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in