facebook

Bugs

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

birdy

Hello,
    I’m using MobiOne for a couple of days now and it looks excellent…in potential. Unfortunately I experience a lot of troublesome things and I’m having difficulties to narrow them down. For example some elements just disappear or reappear and move about. Heights or widths of elements change back to their original size. Sometimes I can select more elements, sometimes not. When I move more elements and 1 element might be left behind.
    Also at times I loose the whole mock-up, and even without saving I get the same empty screen when I open the previous saved version… and so on and so on… see also my screenshot where the Test Center Emulator differs from the Design View.

Is there any way I can narrow this problem down and/or solve it? It feels like one or more bugs or a utility on my computer that might be interferering? I included the log file.

I’m using

Vista Home Basic 32-bit SP2
      Java 6 update 20
      Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
      MobiOne 1.0 milestone 8 (update 1)

kind regards and hope to solve this problem(s) soon!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #309131 Reply

birdy

and hereby also my .log file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #309175 Reply

wayne

Hi Birdy,

Thank you for the feedback and I apologize for the problems you are experiencing. We are working to track down these issues you describe as quickly as possible. We have an update close to being wrapped up that should roll out early next week with some fixes. Some of the issues reported, we have not been able to replicate in our lab. Those are the most troublesome for us and are getting much of our attention atm.

Regards,

Wayne
    Genuitec Mobile Team

#309178 Reply

birdy

Thanx Wayne, would be great if the update would solve (some) of the issues. If there is anything I could do to help (and replicate) just let me know!

aAnd well, for what it’s worth:
    I also had some trouble with fonts, Certain text got scrambled (unreadable words with a different font). For example; The text was readable, but as soon as I started editing it it got scrambled, when I finished editing the text was readable again (with the made changes). Probably because Helvetica wasn’t found? installing Helvetica again solved it!
    BUT this occurred not only with MobiOne, also using the Twitter pop-up feature in Chrome…; That’s why I was wondering if there is some other utility interfering (java? .Net?). All other programs are running fine by the way…

Birdy

#309201 Reply

Is it possible you dragged a text piece over that area and then dropped it under the element underneath it so that it was no longer visible in the visual designer but visible once converted to html in the tester as that has happened to me?

#309347 Reply

birdy

Well that could have happened, but I was aware of that!

Besides that, there are a few more buggy things, like last time; I tried to move an element and all of a sudden the whole model was reset??? I hadn’t saved, but reverting to the last saved version only gave me the resetted model… so it’s not very tempting to try big things at this stage.

if necessary I can make a screengrab video.

#309348 Reply

wayne

If you don’t mind a screencapture would be very useful to help us understand exactly the goofups you are observing.

Wayne
    Genuitec Mobile Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Bugs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in