facebook

Can I deliver Lombok in a package?

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pbagar2
    Participant

We use lombok, which needs to be added to the installdir and update the eclipse.ini

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Paul

Note: I would have added more detail but your wordfence implementation blocked the detail text for some reason.

#673234 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

This could certainly something that can be done with the help of SDC, but it depends on the details to know what is the best option. Although both involves some coding.

1. Custom workspace task. (existing installs and in-product update) https://www.genuitec.com/docs/sdc/advanced-administration/advanced-workspace-tasks
    2. Custom install flow. (new installs or updates from installer) https://www.genuitec.com/docs/sdc/advanced-administration/advanced-installer-customization

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#673236 Reply

pbagar2
    Participant

Ignacio,

Thanks for the quick response.

It looks like I could copy the jar to the install dir with the workspace task, and then update the eclipse.ini with the installer customization without too much effort.

But I’m not sure of the syntax for the workspace task. I read the doc and I’m not clear as to whether I have to modify the jar and use that as the workspace task file, of if I create a workspace task file and somehow point to the jar.

Sorry, I wanted to include the exact syntax I need, but workfence complains about potentially unsafe content. Not sure what I’m doing to cause that.

Thanks, Paul

#673238 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

The workspace task file you configure on the Admin console could be a zip file just with some other extension name, when you run the workspace task, you could check first if the jar file exists and it has the same md5 as the file that is shipped within the zip file are the same, otherwise you extract the file in the right location and update eclipse.ini. One you update the eclispe.ini you’ll also need to request a restart of the Eclipse.

private static class PromptForRestartRunnable implements Runnable {
    	public void run() {
    		boolean restart = MessageDialog.openQuestion(getActiveShell(), "Restart", "Updates have been successfully applied.\n\nWould you like to restart now to pick up these changes?");
    		if (restart) {
    			PlatformUI.getWorkbench().restart();
    		}
    	}
    }

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Can I deliver Lombok in a package?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in