facebook

Can MyEclipse Blue deploy to WebSphere Liberty?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

hahagal
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to know if MyEclipse Blue can deploy to WebSphere Liberty.
    https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/websphere-liberty/

Below is the MyEclipse Blue installation summary.

*** Date: 
    Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:33:34 AM SGT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition
    Version: 10.0 Blue
    Build id: 10.0-Blue-20111028

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition

Version: 10.0 Blue
    Build id: 10.0-Blue-20111028

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.7.0.v20110530-9gF7UHNFFt4cwE-pkZDJ7oz-mj4OSEIlu9SEv0f
    Build id: I20110613-1736

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.7.0.v20110520-0800-7z8gFchFMTdFYKuLqBLqRja9B15B

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.7.0.v20110504-0800-7b7qFVpFEx2XnmYtj_9RfO7

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.7.0.v20110425-2050-777D-81B2Bz0685C3A6E34272
    Build id: 201105020958

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.7.0.v20110216-9DB5Fm1FpBGy_AaVz-mFamgY

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\myeclipse-blue.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse-blue
    --launcher.library
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_3.2.0.v201103301700\eclipse_3215.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
    -install
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10
    -configuration
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

#527612 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

The connector for Websphere Liberty profile is not available in MyEclipse 10.x. Please note that versions earlier than MyEclipse 2016 are no longer fully supported. Websphere support is improved drastically in our newer releases and I recommend you upgrade to working with MyEclipse 2017, our latest release based on Eclipse Neon.

The MyEclipse 2017 installer is available for download here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

You can install MyEclipse 2017 to a different folder alongside your existing MyEclipse 10.x installation and use your current license. Right click in the Servers view, select New > Server and you will find the connector for Websphere Liberty Profile v8.5.

Please refer to this tutorial for detailed instructions about configuring application servers in newer versions of MyEclipse : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/deploy/myeclipse-application-server-connectors/

Let us know if you have any questions or if you see any issues upgrading to MyEclipse 2017.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#528542 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

The validation is taking very long. I think more than 30 mins. See attached image.
    Anything wrong?

validating

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by hahagal.
    #528559 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

Can you please clarify if the validation problem is in MyEclipse 10.x or in MyEclipse 2017?
    Does the project have large number of XHTML/HTML files?

If you are still working with MyEclipse 10.x, then I suggest you check in MyEclipse 2017 as there are significant performance improvements in the newer releases when compared to MyEclipse 10.x

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#528589 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

MyEclipse 10.x no issue. Validation issue is in MyEclipse 2017 Stable 1.0 (64-bits). Yes, we have more than 600 XHTML files.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by hahagal.
    #528646 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

Can you please send us 3-4 thread dumps from the time when the validation is taking too long?
    Also send us the log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.

Here is Eclipse page on how to get thread dump: https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock . Preferably use jstack [pid] > thread_dump.txt.

Please let me know if you have trouble getting the thread dump.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#528649 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I am using Windows. How should I get the thread dump using jstack [pid] > thread_dump.txt?

#528664 Reply

support-swapna

hahagal,

You can get the PID for the MyEclipse process from the Task Manager. Switch to the Details tab in the Task Manager and look for ‘eclipse.exe’ (MyEclipse shows up as ‘eclipse.exe’) and get the respective PID.

JStack comes along with JDK kit. If you are working with the JDK that is shipped with MyEclipse 2017 Stable, then the jstack command is available here :
    \binary\com.sun.java.jdk8.win32.x86_1.8.0.v112\bin

Go to the command prompt and run the jstack command with the process id:
    jstack <pid>

I suggest you write the thread dump to a file and share with us.
    Example : jstack -l processid > D:\Test\kklog.txt

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#529353 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I encountered some errors when collecting jstack logs.

jstack -l 3308 > C:\Belsize\Logfile\meb\jstack\log1.txt
    jstack_error

jstack -F -l 3308 > C:\Belsize\Logfile\meb\jstack\log1.txt
    jstack_-F_error

#529355 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Aside from the validation taking very long, after I deployed the projects, I am not able to associate shared libraries from WebSphere admin console.

Noticed some differences when projects deployed from MyEclipse 10.x and MyEclipse 2017 Stable 1.0:
    1) Module name
    2) Not OK button

adding_shared_libraries

#529363 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Hahagal,

Regarding the jstack problem, we weren’t clear on which version of Windows you’re running MyEclipse. From your screenshots, it looks like the myeclipse.exe task isn’t the one to use for the process id in the jstack command. Look for a javaw.exe task (if there is more than one, it’s probably the one with the very high CPU utilization). Please use the PID for the javaw.exe process ID in the jstack command.

#529368 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

hahagal,

Regarding the shared libraries issue, this is because it is not support when deploying with “in-workspace” mode, which is the default for the Websphere connector. Refer the this document for further configuring the Websphere connector, including deployment modes.

However, you can also specify shared libraries with an EAR (enterprise application project), which will work for both deployment modes. Detailed instructions are mentioned in this topic reply.

#529493 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Tony,

I left it to validate since yesterday about 10.30am until now it is still validating. Looks like its hang. I have collected the jstack and workspace logfile. Pls see attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #529502 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Regarding not able to add shared libraries, you are right, I am on “In-workspace” mode. After I set to “Classic” mode, works fine now.

Btw, we cannot choose “Classic” mode when we add the server? In MyEclipse 10.x we can do that. But in MyEclipse 2017, I need to add the server first then double click on it to set to “Classic” mode.

#529524 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Hahagal,

In-workspace mode was experimental in release 10.x. Once it reached a stable implementation, it seemed sensible to make it the default as it is so much quicker for deployment and hot code updates. As you have seen, the server connector architecture has changed significantly since release 2015, hence the need to edit the configuration in a different way.

Thanks for the dumps and the log file; we’ll respond when we’ve had a chance to analyze them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Can MyEclipse Blue deploy to WebSphere Liberty?

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in