facebook

Can MyEclipse Blue deploy to WebSphere Liberty?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

support-tony
    Keymaster

hahagal,

It looks like there is a problem retrieving a schema (or schemas) from the Internet. It may be timing out after a number of minutes, possibly due to your system policy. To try to determine at least one schema that is causing the issue, could you validate XHTML files separately until you hit a very slow validation? Right click on a file and select Validation->Run Validation. If you are having trouble getting into MyEclipse due to the slow project validation, close MyEclipse and re-launch with a fresh workspace; turn off automatic building (in the “Project” menu, click “Build Automatically”, which is a toggle option, to turn it off); import your project from the other workspace and then try validating individual XHTML files until you see an extremely slow validation time.

If possible, send us the zipped complete project, removing all the source files other than a few XHTML files that are very slow to validate (we need the libraries and metadata also, hence the request for the complete project). You can send a PM (private message) rather than attach the file here. Hopefully, we will be able to figure out what is going on and offer a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by support-tony.
    #529982 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

hahagal,

Thanks for the workspace. It had some settings files missing, as your project wasn’t defined in the workspace and I had to import it. Also, the project needed to be migrated when I imported it, so it may be that you didn’t migrate the project to MyEclipse 2017. This doesn’t seem to be the problem, however, as I was able to replicate the slowness on my system, and with a single xhtml file.

I’ve raised a bug for development to investigate, as it does seem difficult to track down. If I make a change to a file that is slow to validate (not all files were slow to validate but most of the ones I tried were slow), even a trivial change (such as adding a space), then the file validates quickly, even after reverting that change. I don’t think this points to a viable workaround, however, given the number of files, but should help us track down the cause. You can, of course, turn off validation for the WebContent folder or any subfolders, until we figure this out.

Sorry for the continued inconvenience and thanks again for the information. We’ll let you know when we have more information.

#544959 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to follow up on this. Is this fix already in the 2017 stable release?

hahagal

#544963 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

hahagal,

Sorry for not getting back to you on this. Although we haven’t addressed this issue specifically, other changes appeared to have fixed it and I’ve been unable to replicate it on our CI stream (our latest release on that stream is CI 9).

Is it possible for you to install CI 9 (installer on our downloads page) and check that the problem is fixed there? I’m afraid the next release on the Stable stream is still unscheduled. However, each CI release is extensively tested and supported so I’d recommend the CI stream if that is possible for you.

Please let us know if this works for you.

#545127 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi tony,

OK. I will try and download CI 9. Btw, comparing MyEclipse Blue 10.0 with MyEclipse 2017 (32 bits), pls find my comments/ concerns below:
    C1) It seems slower and utilizing a lot of memory. In few minutes, it can shot up to more than 1GB. Is that normal?
    C2) Same set of source codes, MyEclipse Blue 10.0 workspace size is 213MB. MyEclipse 2017 is 2.61GB. Is that normal?

Aside from that, on MEB start up, can we skip the followings.
    1) Don’t launch MyEclipse Dashboard tab
    2) Don’t update indexes, etc…

hahagal

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by hahagal.
    #545162 Reply

Brian Fernandes

C1) It will take more memory – due to just being far more capable than ME 10, which is more than 5 years behind the current version. At the same time, memory management should be better too, so you should be seeing memory being freed periodically. If it’s such that you cannot work, it might be a good idea to investigate further – it could depend on the number and type of projects in your workspace.

C2) I’m quite sure this is because of the Maven repository that’s stored within the workspace metadata. You can confirm this by going to [workspace_location]/.metadata/.plugins/ and checking the size of the org.eclipse.m2e.core folder. I cannot remember where this used to be with MyEclipse 10.

1) The dashboard tab has a checkbox at the bottom that should prevent it from showing up for subsequent launches. Do close the dashboard after checking the box.

2) There is a preference for this – go to Window > Preferences > Maven and turn off the “Download repository index update on startup” option.

Hope this helps!

#545336 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Brian,

C1) I think we need to investigate this further as this will greatly impact our development work progress. I have been monitoring the memory usage. Although it did freed, but not much. MyEclipse Blue 10.0 memory usage is still acceptable to us (currently using). Is there any email I can send you on our structure of our project? Can we look at this at high priority pls.

C2) Yes, org.eclipse.m2e.core is about 2.25GB. In MyEclipse Blue 10.0, org.eclipse.m2e.core is also located at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.plugins/. However, the size is only about 88KB. What is the difference between them and can we eliminate those unnecessary? This is because we backup our WIP workspaces offsite to a central location daily so size will be an issue. Can we look at this at high priority pls?

Without C1 and C2 fixed, they will be a “showstopper” for our development work.

1) Although I tick checkbox and close the dashboard, when I start new workspace, this is still coming up. Because it takes quite a while to launch the dashboard. Is there any way I can turn off this completely?

2) Is this a one-time setting? Future launching of new/ existing workspaces won’t need to set this setting again?

hahagal

#545348 Reply

Brian Fernandes

hahagal,

1) You can send an email to support@genuitec.com with your project details. Please include a link to this thread. Are you using only a single project in your workspace? As I stated earlier, getting down to same memory levels that MyEclipse 10 used will be impossible – but we can check if something else is problematic.

Note: At the start of this thread, you had shared a project with us already – is it this same project? If yes, then there’s no need to resend.

2) Do you use Maven functionality at all? If not, the first time you create a workspace, you could cancel the index operation and disable the index download. You could also delete the contents of that folder – with the preference disabled it won’t grow to that size again.

Both the settings (dashboard/maven indexes) are “workspace level” – i.e. they will reset to default with each new workspace created, and I’m afraid that there’s no way to change this in MyEclipse by itself. For teams, we do have a MyEclipse secure distribution that allows you to lay down predefined configuration files for each workspace, but not sure if this would make sense for your needs.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Can MyEclipse Blue deploy to WebSphere Liberty?

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in