facebook

Cannot create components anymore

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jwismer
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been using Angular IDE directly, not as an add on to Eclipse. Java version is Java 8, update 181 (final update)

I had to put the project I was working on down for about a month. Upon loading it up again and right clicking a folder to create the a new component, I received this error:

“Error: Cannot read property ‘0’ of null
    Cannot read property ‘0’ of null

(See AngularIDEError attachment for screenshot.)

I decided to update my angular/cli globablly, and updated my package.json packages as well, but to no avail. I’ve attached my current package.json as well.

Finally, I checked to see if there were any Angular IDE updates, and it stated there were none.

Please let me know if there is any other information I need to provide to help solve the problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #597839 Reply

support-swapna

jwismer,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I have trouble getting the dependencies to work as per your package.json in my local project.

Can you please delete the node_modules folder, then run ‘npm install’ for the project from the Terminal+ view and see if it fixes the issue?

Couple of users have already reported similar problem with creating components. Please refer to these links:
    https://github.com/angular/angular-cli/issues/5595
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46433112/error-generating-components-with-angular-cli-cannot-read-property-0-of-null

I suggest you also cross post to development related forums like stackoverflow.com or open an issue in the Github’s Angular section.

If you want us to take a look, then please share the zipped project with us to help us investigate further. Please omit the node_modules folder and send us the exported zipped project.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#597908 Reply

jwismer
    Participant

I have tried your suggestions, and even went as far as doing a complete reinstall of angular-ide. I can add a component to a fresh project, but when I delete the old src folder and replace the package.json, I receive the error again.

I have an updated package.json I’ve attached. I would also like to give you the zipped project, but I would not like to attach that to a public forum. Do you have a support email address?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #597912 Reply

Brian Fernandes

but when I delete the old src folder and replace the package.json, I receive the error again.

Am I right in assuming you run an npm install after this?

You can email the project to support@genuitec.com – would definitely make it much easier for us to track this down.

#597915 Reply

jwismer
    Participant

Ha ha! Yes, I run npm install after. =)

The reinstalled project is working fully. The only issue is the Error message and failure to create a new component on the working project.

Thank you for the email address, I did not see it in your “support” or “contact” section. I’ve emailed the support team with the zipped project. If they resolve the issue, I will return to write what the problem was in case someone else has this issue in the future.

#598000 Reply

support-swapna

Jason,

Thank you for the project files.
    I see that you have already fixed the issue as per your report here : https://github.com/angular/angular-cli/issues/5595

Since you are good to go, we are closing this post here. Please let us know if you see any further problems.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Cannot create components anymore

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in