facebook

cannot deploy Websphere v7 java application to Websphere 9.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

paulchef
    Participant

I cannot deploy my java application, which was previously on WebSphere v7 to Websphere v9.0.5

I get a “There are no resources that can be added or removed from the server” dialog box when I try to deploy my app.

I include screenshots of

1) about screen with version of Eclipse ME
    2) ace\properties\Deployment\Server Deployment screen
    3) ace\properties\Project Facets (top of screen)
    4) ace\properties\Project Facets (bottom of screen)

I am running on java v1.6.
    Can you advise me how I can deploy my application to Websphere v9.0.5

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #669948 Reply

support-swapna

Paul,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshots. It looks like there might be an issue with the project facets.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Was the project previously deployed to Websphere 7.0 in MyEclipse 2019.4.0? If you now configure the Websphere 7 in the same workspace, does the application deploy to it?

2. Is the application created with earlier versions of MyEclipse? If yes, then was it presented for migration when you imported it to MyEclipse 2019.4.0?

3. In the Project Facets page, switch to ‘Runtimes’ tab and check if Websphere 9.0 is listed and enabled. If yes, then select it and check if any errors are reported.

4. Right click on the project, select Run As > MyEclipse Server Application and then choose the Websphere 9 server. Share with us the reported error details. If possible, please attach a screenshot of it to help us get a visual.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#669978 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

Hi Swapna, thanks for your quick reply

1) We did successfully deploy the project in the current MyEclipse 2019 to the Websphere V7.0. I can deploy to it but it seems to start the application but the Java JVM won’t successfully load
    2) The application was created with an earlier brand of Eclipse (around 5 years ago), It was migrated when I imported it to MyEclipse
    3) I include the Runtimes tab screenshot as you requested. It does show Websphere v9 but I cannot click on this button, I only seem to be able to click to V7
    4) I show the screenshot you requested. it seems to say that a clicked project facet is not supported (see screenshot)

I can export and load the application ear file into other websphere v7 and websphere v8.5 servers

I did have a bingle where I for a little while set the facet java version to 1.8 and this caused compile errors (and the resulting ear file did not run in the other v7 and v8.5 servers) but I reverted back to v1.6 in the facets and compile errors went away and I was able to run in the other servers.

Attachments:
    #669983 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

I was able to run the application using the current MyEclipse to Websphere v7 for around 6 months. however, after some code changes I was unable to run in was7 anymore. I was also unable to undeploy the app. Myeclipse said it was undeployed from wasv7 but when wasv7 came up it still tried to load the application.

#670001 Reply

support-swapna

Paul,

Thank you for the details and the screenshot. It looks like the problem is with the Websphere Application (Co-existence) facet.
    Do you see any other versions listed for Websphere Application (Co-existence) facet? You can click on the dropdown for it in the Project Facets page to check. If no other versions of the facet are being supported, then please uncheck the facet and see if the project deploys fine.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#670160 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

Thanks SWAPNA, removing the Websphere Application (Co-existence) facet did allow me to add the app to the server. However now I cannot publish it.

I include the following screenshots

1) the actual error
    2) the eclipse server message screen (see below of screenshot)
    3) a filelisting of just where the publishing failed. It had just published the last xsl file and seemed to be doing the ACE_EAR directory where
    the following XML file seemed pertinant. It seemed to get through all the source code changes. I did seem to have one compile error for
    one of the filestore java files (which I couldn’t find) but the publishing went on from that point okay.
    4) org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml (which I have changed a little bit

Have you seen this before. Is this a known issue.

Attachments:
    #670166 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

I checked the directory where the compile error seem to be mentioned. There were no java compile errors in it.

#670170 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

I find some compile errors. If you have a good idea why it is not publishing then please tell me, but I think I need to get rid of the publishing errors first

#670177 Reply

support-swapna

Paul,

Sorry that the issue persists. Thank you for the screenshots.

1. I see that there is an error marker for the ace project in the explorer view. Is it marked as error post unchecking the Websphere Application (Co-existence) facet? Please share with us the errors listed for the ace project from the Problems view.

2. Regarding the publish error, please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) to help us get the full stacktrace of the error.

3. It is not advisable to manually edit the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml file which is part of project’s metadata. Any changes to the facets should be done from the Project Facets page. It is not clear what exact changes you made to this file.

4. Is it possible for you to share the project files with us to help us replicate the issue at our end? You can share the .zip of the project via PM (private message) or email it to support@genuitec.com with a reference to this thread to help us take a look.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#670225 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

I include the log of the build and the problems listing. (I don’t think there is any problems with the problems listing) The log of the build says that an EAR file can’t be found.

I include a screenshot of the actual deploy.

I can’t send the project file to you, Sorry.

I got rid of the compile errors.

I think from the log file it can’t find an EAR file.

Attachments:
    #670230 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

I include a windows screenshot of the file system

Attachments:
    #670232 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

the .projects file is

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <projectDescription>
    <name>wk1</name>
    <comment></comment>
    <projects>
    </projects>
    <buildSpec>
    </buildSpec>
    <natures>
    </natures>
    </projectDescription>

#670235 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

I found an ibm webpage that mentions this error

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/unable-deploy-content-engine-ear-file-through-configuration-manager

I applied its fix (to change the TMP and TEMP directories to c:\temp)

Same problem happened.

#670264 Reply

paulchef
    Participant

I worked on my publishing problem and basically got it solved. We run on WNWARE and the project is on a network file. The network file wasn’t actually available to Websphere.

When I moved the application Eclipse project to the C drive I was able to publish and run the application

Thanks for your time on this SWAPNA. I appreciate it.

#670265 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Paul,

I have a feeling you could be running into path length limitations on Windows. The path to your EAR (in our in-workspace deployment temp/metadata area) is already 225 characters in length. Your application path will be added on to this and if it exceeds 260 characters, things will just not work. I have a couple of questions / suggestions:

1) Create a workspace in the root of your drive (to help shorten the path length) and import the projects into that workspace. See if this makes a difference.
    2) I see you are trying the in-workspace mode, can you see if deployment works with the classic mode instead?
    3) You mentioned the EAR can be deployed to WAS 7 and WAS 8.5 – what errors do you get when you try to deploy the EAR to WAS 9? Also, how are you building the EAR?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: cannot deploy Websphere v7 java application to Websphere 9.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in