facebook

Cannot reverse engineer a table

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

Using your tutorial, here: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/web-services/exposing-jpa-entities-via-rest-web-services/

and starting with a new project (re-creating JAX-WS service due to errors for no apparent reason in formerly-working project), I get to the step you see in the first screenshot below.

But, when I click “OK”, rather than see the tables I can use to reverse engineer, nothing happens.

The second screenshot shows how I configured the JPA settings.

I have the Zipcodes table open and viewable.

Can you please explain what’s going on?

I have the latest version of MyEcipse.

I can send you whatever other files you need.

Thanks,

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Mork.
    #630035 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I just ran the tutorial step by step with MyEclipse Derby and could not replicate the problem at my end.
    Can you please share with us the workspace log file which is located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation?
    Please change the extension to .txt and attach it here.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#630041 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Please see attached (will eventually expose a JAX_WS service)

What I’m doing:

1. Creating a web project. (say to create web.xml)

2. Go to working DB Connection and open table.

3. Go back to project.

4. Add JPA Facet to the project.

5. Configure for Hibernate (database called “ZipCodeLookup”, table called “ZIPCODES”)

6. Attempt to reverse engineer the ZIPCODES table using the Generation mode.

7. Click “OK”

8. Nothing happens.

I resolved a JDK version issue you may see in the log. Now using Amazon Corretto 8 and have no project warnings.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks!

#630064 Reply

Mork
    Participant

I can email you the project, create a video, or whatever to help you help me figure out what’s wrong.

Thanks

#630083 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you in a while, perhaps you were able to reproduce the problem?

I’ve attached a quick video showing the Dao generation dialog on the MyEclipse program background.

As you can see, once I click “OK”, nothing happens.

The database with zip codes is open in the data explorer.

#630132 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

Thank you for the detailed steps and video.
    I tried with a simple maven web project and regular web project as well at my end but could not replicate the reported issue.

Which database are you working with? Can you please check if the generation works with MyEclipse Derby table as outlined in the tutorial? Follow the tutorial and see if the classes are generated to isolate the problem.

If you see no issues with the tutorial example, then please zip the project in question and attach it here to help us investigate further.

Are you working with the latest MyEclipse 2019.4.0? Please share with us your OS and Version details.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#630140 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Tried clicking Cancel but that didn’t work either.

Created an entirely new workspace, went through the exposing JPA entities tutorial, but, again, when I clicked on the dialog to generate them, nothing happened.

https://www.genuitec.com/docs/web-services/exposing-jpa-entities-via-rest-web-services/

Working with MySQL 8.
    Driver class name: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: CI 2019.4.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20190403

Mac: 10.14.6
    RAM: 128 GB
    Free Disk: 600 GB

Please give me an email address to send the zipped project. I really don’t know what kind of personal information might be stuffed inside it — like DB connections and such.

Thanks…look forward to hearing from you soon. 🙂

– M

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Mork.
    #630143 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

To rule out database related issue, can you please check if the generation works with MyEclipse Derby table as outlined in the tutorial?

You can send us the zipped project to support@genuitec.com with a reference to this post or send it as a private message ( click on my username to view my profile and then click ‘Private Message’ to send it). Also share with us the MySQL driver jar version.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#630147 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Sent 44 MB zip Workspaces file.

Forgot to include requested info: mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar

Thanks,

#630148 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

I am afraid file of that size might not come through our forums/support email. Are you zipping the entire workspace or just the project?
    Is it possible for you to host it elsewhere and share the link with me to download it?
    Also please clarify if you are seeing the problem with MyEclipse Derby database as well.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#630149 Reply

Mork
    Participant

I re-sent the email with just the project.

I also included a link for the entire setup video which demonstrates the issue (I even included music). 🙂

As I mentioned in the email, using Derby, it works, but using MySQL had worked previously.

I tried the latest version of the Connector/J driver (mysql-connector-java-8.0.18.jar) but had the same non-working issue.

Standing by…

Thanks,

– M

#630157 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

I see the problem with reverse engineering a MySQL table using the JPA Tools > Generate Entities and DAO’s at my end.
    We are looking into it. In the meanwhile, reverse engineering from the DB Browser works for me.

Can you please check if you can reverse engineer the table from the DB Browser view?
    Right click on the table in the DB Browser view > select JPA Reverse Engineering and choose the options as shown here : https://gyazo.com/87b365d63f29a020c2ba7b2d99037307

Thank you for reporting this problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#630174 Reply

Mork
    Participant

I wish I could say that worked, but when I clicked “OK”, I got the error you see in the dialog attached.

Since I’ve never seen any error like this in MyEclipse, it seems there are some other bugs to fix at Genuitec. 🙂

Project now on hold until these MyE issues are resolved.

Standing by…

Thanks,

#630432 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

Sorry about this issue. Can you please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us get the full stacktrace of the exception logged? We didn’t get your project as our email server does not support large attachments.Please use the dropbox or google drive to upload the zipped project and share the link with me.

Can you please also check if you can reverse engineer a different table in the database or create a simple table in the database and see if it works with that table? Is there anything different with the tables in the database like table names starting with capital letters etc?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#630445 Reply

Mork
    Participant

I will send you another email with a link to the project zip file and log file.

It’s odd that your email server can’t handle attachments about 2 MB as that’s all the second one I sent you had. Really????

Also, the database in question only has a single table. Plus, with an earlier version of MyE, the same database/table worked fine. This seems to be a severe issue in MyEclipse since I can’t reverse engineer either of the two ways that should work.

Please check your email.

The email will have the password for the zip file.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
Reply To: Cannot reverse engineer a table

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in