facebook

Can't find newly created package

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

bushidobrown
    Participant

I duplicated a package, committed it and promoted it and it is available on our SDC hub. When we run our Jenkins job to update the newly created packages using the sdc ant scripts it says: Unable to find packages: No packages matched filter
    I double checked the spelling of the packages and whitespace and it matches what is shown on the sdc hub, so I’m not sure why it’s unable to see the package. I’ve created packages last year the same way and it can find them without an issue. Thanks

#645048 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

I was wondering if there was anywhere I can see the list of packages visible like where sdc admin console is on my machine or on the linux machine where sdc is hosted?

#645062 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

It looks like the package filter looks for packages with the “Title” or “GUID” from the ant value, if you want to search for more than one separated by comma. The list of package is only available on the Admin Console, you can look on the files “package.xml” ${adminconsoledir}/local-storage/metavc/package/${GUID}/package.xml searching on these files you can get to know the GUID which I think could be a workaround of this problem.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#645186 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

I tried using just the GUID and the guid, package name and it still does not see it. Would restarting sdc on the linux server potentially help, or is there anything else I could try? Thanks

#645187 Reply

ignaciom

A restart of the service could make it work. Out of curiosity what task are you trying to use SDCUpdatePackageTask ?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#645196 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

The task is SDCPromotePackageTask

#645197 Reply

ignaciom

Is the package in a promotable state? This task will only find packages that are in a promotable state? To get to know this information, look at your Admin Console. Did a restart of the service helped?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#646043 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

So restarting it did not work. I did try making an innocuous change to that package on the admin console to put it in the promotable changes tab on the admin console, rerun the job and The Jenkins can finally see that package. So I just have to ensure that the package is in the promotable state on Admin Console whenever I run that job?

#646283 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

That sounds correct, alternatively you could also run this task “SDCUpdatePackageTask” and update a comment or something, this will also commit the package and put your package in promotable state.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#646315 Reply

bushidobrown
    Participant

So I figured out the issue why it was not promoting. In the software packs of the package I was using the wrong features. The correct features were getting updated but the package didn’t have those features so it would get put in the promote state. I changed it to the right features and it it working like expected. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Can't find newly created package

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in