facebook

Can't uninstall CodeMix Engine from my mac

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

random-user
    Participant

Hi,

I installed CodeMix through my Eclipse a few weeks ago and then uninstalled it. I think it’s disappeared from my Eclipse but it did not disappear from my mac. For some reason it’s the default app for opening every single file on my mac, including json, css, html etc… I manually changed that but there’s still this CodeMix Engine icon (see attached file) showing on everything single file and it’s annoying. How do I get rid of this icon and REALLY delete CodeMix Engine?

Eclipse specs:

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
    Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0)
    Build id: 20190314-1200

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #618495 Reply

jhugohr

Hey,

Sorry to hear you have this issue. Actually, we haven’t heard about it before. To make sure that CodeMix has completely removed please check if the following directory exist and if so, you can proceed delete it ‘<user-home-dir>/.codemix’. Also, under your eclipse installation look for ‘/plugins’ directory, check for any ‘com.genuitec.*’ plugins existence.

You can change the default application for files by doing right-click on the file and select ‘Get Info’ option. On the opened dialog there is a ‘Open with:’ section where you can choose the application to use for the selected file from the provided combo and once selected you can do ‘Change All…’.

Your feedback is important to us and if possible, we would like to hear from you the reasons why not to continue using CodeMix. Pricing? Performance? Not helpful for the type of projects?

Please, don’t hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Hugo Herrera.
    Genuitec Support Team.

Attachments:
    #619926 Reply

random-user
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for writing back. Referring to this part of your answer: “To make sure that CodeMix has completely removed please check if the following directory exist and if so, you can proceed delete it ‘<user-home-dir>/.codemix’” – I am not sure where to find that folder on mac. It doesn’t exist in my user folder.

For the second part you said: “Also, under your eclipse installation look for ‘/plugins’ directory, check for any ‘com.genuitec.*’ plugins existence.” – I right clicked on my eclipse and clicked “show package contents”. I didn’t have any com.genuitec files in the plugins folder but I did have some in the configuration folder and deleted them.

You said: “You can change the default application for files by doing right-click on the file and select ‘Get Info’ option. On the opened dialog there is a ‘Open with:’ section where you can choose the application to use for the selected file from the provided combo and once selected you can do ‘Change All…’.” – I had already done this. What I am trying to get rid of is the codemix icon at the bottom right of every file on my Mac (please see the attached image).

Thank you

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by random-user.
    Attachments:
    #619927 Reply

random-user
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for writing back. Referring to this part of your answer: “To make sure that CodeMix has completely removed please check if the following directory exist and if so, you can proceed delete it ‘<user-home-dir>/.codemix’” – I am not sure where to find that folder on mac. It doesn’t exist in my user folder.

For the second part you said: “Also, under your eclipse installation look for ‘/plugins’ directory, check for any ‘com.genuitec.*’ plugins existence.” – I right clicked on my eclipse and clicked “show package contents”. I didn’t have any com.genuitec files in the plugins folder but I did have some in the configuration folder and deleted them.

You said: “You can change the default application for files by doing right-click on the file and select ‘Get Info’ option. On the opened dialog there is a ‘Open with:’ section where you can choose the application to use for the selected file from the provided combo and once selected you can do ‘Change All…’.” – I had already done this. What I am trying to get rid of is the codemix icon at the bottom right of every file on my Mac (please see the attached image).

Thank you

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Can't uninstall CodeMix Engine from my mac

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in