facebook

change colors theme for XML?

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Suggestions
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nathan-mitchell
    Participant

In my XML files the attribute values are Yellow, and everything else is white. I’d like to change the attribute names and tag names to different colors so that they are easier to differentiate. I Tried to do this in Eclipse Preferences > XML > XML Files > Editor > Syntax Coloring, but it does not affect the XML Files in my editor. Is there another way to do this?

#521667 Reply

Aaron Lara

@nathan-mitchell,

Thanks for reaching us. What you are trying is correct and I just tried it locally by changing the Attribute values in the same page, it worked here. Are you up to date with the Darkest Dark theme? (it gotta be CI4 version).

Also, if you go to the “Darkest Dark” preferences page under General > Appearance > Darkest Dark, you can switch between different editor color themes. Does that make any difference?

If not, it’s possible that something is persisting your preferences (I would say oomph plugins). So removing the oomph preferences in your <home dir>/.eclipse folder could make it work.

Let us know if this helps. Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#521670 Reply

nathan-mitchell
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response Aaron. I found the problem. My default editor for XML files was not set to the XML Editor. After I changed that it is working now.

#521671 Reply

Aaron Lara

It’s good to know you sorted it out. Thanks for reaching us back!

Cheers,
    Aaron Lara (from the DarkestDark Side)

#521673 Reply

nathan-mitchell
    Participant

Great Theme by the way. Love it. It solves all my problems with the dark theme that is built into Eclipse.

#530153 Reply

acke1937
    Participant

Thanks for your tips, taht topik was very usefull for me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: change colors theme for XML?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in