facebook

Changing Tomcat deployment location

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Luis Pedro
    Participant

I am running MyEclipse 2017 with the built-in tomcat 8.5 server.
    I’d like to change the deployment location for my web apps.
    I was able to change the directory where tomcat looks into when launching (using “Open launch configuration” and changing the launch arguments catalina.base and wtp.deploy), but not the directory where MyEclipse will deploy when clicking “Run as MyEclipse Server application” (which continues to be in <myhomedirectory>\Workspaces\MyEclipse 2017\.metadata\.me_tcat85\webapps)
    All hints I found on the web point to opening the Tomcat overview panel and changing this in the “Server Locations” section – however, there is no such section on my screen (see attached screenshot). Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #628430 Reply

support-swapna

Luis,

The additional settings to change the Tomcat deployment location are available when configuring an external Tomcat server. The embedded Tomcat server is for quickly deploying applications without any additional configuration so the option to change the deploy path is not available with it.

Please refer to this tutorial for Tomcat support with MyEclipse : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/servers/tomcat-server/
    If you need to change the deploy path, then you can download and configure an external Tomcat server instead of using the embedded server.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#628432 Reply

Luis Pedro
    Participant

Thank you Swapna, I had not realized that the embedded server was limited in options.
    I’ll install an external server then.
    Best regards

#628431 Reply

Luis Pedro
    Participant

Thank you Swapna, I had not realized that the embedded server was limited in options.
    I’ll install an external server then.
    Best regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Changing Tomcat deployment location

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in