facebook

ClearCase 8.0.1 integration wtih MyEclipse 2019.12.5

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

brianq
    Participant

Hello I need to know how I may integrate ClearCase with MyEclipse. I am running ClearCase version 8.0.1 with MyEclipse 2019.12.5. My problem is that whenever I connect to my CCRC and try to create a view MyEclipse hangs. Then windows says JVM is not responding wait or close. The log says unhandled loop exception. I will paste a few messages below and attach the log. Please advise how I may the clearcase plugin with MyEclipse and what versions I should use to ensure compatability. Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #642096 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the log.
    The stacktraces are coming from Eclipse + ClearCase. Do you have many views started at the time the IDE hangs?

There is also NoClassDefFoundError logged. I suggest you cross post to ClearCase or Eclipse related forums for help with the plugin integration.
    MyEclipse 2019.12.5 is based on Eclipse 4.13. If possible, you can try installing the plugin to Eclipse 4.13 and see how it works.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#642139 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

We took another look at the issue and it might be a problem with Clear Case 8.x incompatibility with Eclipse 4.13, which is the base of MyEclipse 2019.12.5 as mentioned in this thread : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48664954/eclipse-plugin-for-clearcase

You can try installing the latest version of ClearCase i.e 9.x and check if it helps. Also do you see any other issues apart from the hang?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#642265 Reply

brianq
    Participant

Thank you for your help. I was also working with IBM on this also. It appears that I needed to go back to a build of MyEclipse prior to 2018.8.0 which was built on a different platform. After installing the earlier build I am able to connect to my ClearCase Server.

#642266 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brian,

Glad you managed to get connected and thank you for letting us know. Just for our information, do you know what version of the Clear Case you had installed into MyEclipse – was it 8.x or 9.x (or something else entirely?)

Thanks!

#642267 Reply

brianq
    Participant

Hi Brian, I am using the ClearTeam Explorer plugin version 8.0.1.x. I could not change the version of the plugin because of enterprise constraints but it was not compatible with MyEclipse 2019.12.5. It is compatible with MyEclipse version 2017 CI 10 (which is the same as stable 2.0 as I understand it).

#642338 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brian,

It’s good to know that it was the 8.x incompatibility issue – thank you for sending in the details.

And yes, 2017 CI 10 is the same as 2017 Stable 2.0.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: ClearCase 8.0.1 integration wtih MyEclipse 2019.12.5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in