facebook

[Closed] 5.0GA installer fails on Linux Fedora 5

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

nat101

System: RedHat Fedora 5 system, 32 bit, 1.6ghz, 768meg ram, which is currently running Eclipse 3.1 & ME 4.1GA.
    Problem running the installer, never gets to the point of loading the gui part.

Preparing to install...
    Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
    Unpacking the JRE...
    Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
    Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
    awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /tmp/install.dir.5566/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I then tried it on another Fedora system with the same results.
    Please advise which linux pkg I need to install (via yum) that has the libs your installer needs.
    Thanks.
    -nat

#256287 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Nat,

This is a known issue with InstallAnywhere on Fedora and a couple other distros. Full details are here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-13157.html

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the best workaround is simply to use the manual installer zip. It’s quite simple and instructions are included.

#256288 Reply

nat101

Aye;
    Per the last message in that thread, just for the kicks, I did the following:

cat MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5_0GA_E3_2.bin | sed 's/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/g' > install.bin

I then ran ./install.bin (after flagging it ‘x’ with chmod).
    And hey, it (the gui) comes up! So, the question is, does this mean that I can safely continue with the install, or should I go the manual route anyhow.
    Thanks,
    nat

#256296 Reply

Haris Peco

Nat,

You can continue if you haven’t errors anymore – it’s only shared libraries incompatibility between different linux version.

Best

#256342 Reply

nat101

Thank you.
    Indeed it ran and installed ok.
    nat
    ps. you can close this out and/or use it as a faq. Many folks would rather use the automated install especially if they already downloaded it.

#256348 Reply

Haris Peco

Nat,

I’m glad for your success and thank you for informations

Best regards
    Peco

#256465 Reply

This method also worked on x86_64 Fedora Core 5. Thanks!

#258253 Reply

rajini

Hi nat101

your information helped me a lot in installing MyEclipse in Fedora core 5. I faced the same problems as you get and can solve it soon only because of your valuable information you posted here.

Thanks a lot

#260024 Reply

djiann

@support-scott wrote:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the best workaround is simply to use the manual installer zip. It’s quite simple and instructions are included.

Um, I am running SUSE 10.1 also, and I tried many of the suggestions found here to get the installer to work, and it just won’t, so I tried downloading the manual install package. Nowhere in it do I find anything that looks like instructions, except some READMEs buried several levels deep. Could you please point out where the primary docs are to be found?

Thanks,
    Dave

#260025 Reply

djiann

Never mind… after posting that I went up to the forum list and saw the sticky thread. Presumably that will
    tell me what I need to know. Still, I found this thread by googling, as others will, and anyway why the heck
    aren’t instructions included in the zip file?

Dave

#260850 Reply

dubbac

the whole cat thing piped to sed, to remove the ASSUME KERNEL thing worked for me on Ubuntu Edgy EFT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: [Closed] 5.0GA installer fails on Linux Fedora 5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in