facebook

[Closed] Package Explorer view went bonkers.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

nat101

Eclipse 3.1
    MyEclipse 4.03 GA
    Linux Fedora 4

Have tried 1) -clean, 2) Switching perspectives, and 3) Closing-opening the view. Still… empty, blank (like a whiteboard), view.

Please advise.
    -nat

#244368 Reply

nat101

How about this!
    In a feature I very rarely use, Open a new window (new Eclipse instance), divine providence dictated that I use this feature for convenience and I noticed that my pkg explorer is back! I closed the first instance first, then the second instance, and it works!
    One catch. It insists in opening at a certain point in the tree, regardless if that file is open. But I can navigate up the tree to get the view to normal.
    Does this make any sense to anyone?
    -nat

#245612 Reply

b3rntsen

@nat101 wrote:

How about this!
    In a feature I very rarely use, Open a new window (new Eclipse instance), divine providence dictated that I use this feature for convenience and I noticed that my pkg explorer is back! I closed the first instance first, then the second instance, and it works!
    One catch. It insists in opening at a certain point in the tree, regardless if that file is open. But I can navigate up the tree to get the view to normal.
    Does this make any sense to anyone?
    -nat

Your solution worked for my problem too:

Package View in MyEclipse was zoomed into a project (cannot unzoom and remember across a stop-start cycle it seems). With myeclipse stopped I opened an eclipse (without myeclipse installed) on the same workspace and deleted the project myeclipse was zoomed into. I stopped this eclipse instance. When I started myeclipse next time the package view was zoomed to the now non-existing project, and I could not unzoom (go up a level). I could only use the package view if I selected the filter from projects to working sets. There was no way I could get the project view to forget its focus-zoom of the deleted project.

Then I saw your solution, closed the package view, opened a new (my)eclipse window, opended the package view on projects, closed the old (my)eclipse window, closed the new (last remaining) (my)eclipse window. When I started (my)eclipse anew, the package view worked with projects again.

It seems that (my)eclipse package view reads its initialisation, but does not validate it.

I use myeclipse 4.1M2 and 4.1.0GA.

/\/

#245617 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Interesting use case for sure. Another probable solution would be to re-create the project with the same name and location as the one you deleted, and then perhaps restart eclipse.

I’d like to note that MyEclipse does not customize the Package Explorer in any way, we just use whatever ships with Eclipse as is; so this is quite likely an eclipse issue.

Best,
    Brian.

#245814 Reply

b3rntsen

@Support-Brian wrote:

Interesting use case for sure. Another probable solution would be to re-create the project with the same name and location as the one you deleted, and then perhaps restart eclipse.

I did try that, but it did not work. I might have done it wrong of course.

@Support-Brian wrote:

I’d like to note that MyEclipse does not customize the Package Explorer in any way, we just use whatever ships with Eclipse as is; so this is quite likely an eclipse issue.

Ah, ok, so it just coincided with me wrestling around with eclipse and to test some stuff in my eclipse.

Thanks for your follow-up.

/\/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Package Explorer view went bonkers.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in