facebook

CodeMix does not seem to be starting

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Edward Winston
    Participant

I have installed codemix on a mac running Eclipse Oxygen.3. I can see that it is installed because when I try to install it again it shows as already being installed. I do not see anything in the log file about it, nor do I see it in the preferences. Is there someplace else I can look to see what may be going on?

#579999 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Edward,

To be clear, it shows installed but you see no evidence of it actually running – as in, in the Help menu you don’t see CodeMix, nor in the Preferences under a CodeMix group?

To get some additional information, I would suggest showing the Error Log view and seeing if any exceptions are happening when CodeMix launches.

Thanks!
    Tim

#580023 Reply

Edward Winston
    Participant

Correct, I do not see anything in the help menu or preferences for CodeMix.

I looked in the error log and also didn’t see anything specific to CodeMix. I see a lot of other errors and arnings, but nothing referring to CodeMix.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #580032 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Edward,

Could you share your bundles.info file from Eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator file either here, or if you prefer, support (at) genuitec.com so that we can check the list of plugins active?

Separately, if you could launch Eclipse with -console -consolelog and do an ss com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui once it comes up, you can take a look to see if you see com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui bundle present and what state shows.

Such as:

ss com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui

id     State      Bundle
    1858   ACTIVE     com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui_0.9.0.qualifier
    1859   RESOLVED   com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.terminal_0.9.0.qualifier
    1860   ACTIVE     com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.welcome_0.9.0.qualifier

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by timwebb.
    #580860 Reply

Edward Winston
    Participant

Thanks for your help. After looking at my error log I saw that there were many errors, so I decided to start from scratch to clean up my installation. When I did that CodeMix started just fine. So I think one of the plugins I had installed was the cause of this particular problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: CodeMix does not seem to be starting

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in