facebook

Codemix is aswesome but I have some problems… Listing them…

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have just installed codemix, it works awesome but there is some problems that makes my adoption difficult.

1) Outline does not works anymore
    2) I can’t collapse/expand chunk of code anymore.
    3) If I position the cursor near to a parentheses it doesn’t show where the parentheses closes.

I have started using codemix today so if I will encouter some other problems I will udpate this post.

In any case, is there a way to fix the two problems I described?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by sblantipodi.
    This topic was linked to an Issue on April 18, 2018 at 2:10 pm
    #579283 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Hello sblantipodi,

I am really happy to hear that you like CodeMix. Here are some comments regarding the list that you posted:

1) Outline is not available but we do provide Local Symbols search. It allows you to search and jump to a definition inside a current file. You can even hook it to the same shortcut as Quick Outline has. Just go to Preferences -> CodeMix -> Bindings and select: “Open Local Symbols on CMD/CTRL + o”. We also consider to add the classic Outline support in a future.

2) Code folding is also not yet supported but it is on our short list of missing features. Thanks to your report I will make sure that it is going to land in one of next updates.

3) This feature is almost finished and will be a part of the next update.

We are going to push updates very frequently (at least 1 per week) during the Pre-Release Phase so you can expected to get missing parts in upcoming weeks.

Feel free to put any comments here about CodeMix experience. It will be very helpful for us to be able to meet all needs.

Best regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak
    Applications Development Manager

#579334 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

thanks for the answer, it seems that point 2 and point 3 will be addressed soon, cool!

what about point 1?
    outline for JSON files or even HTML files is very useful, do you plan to bring it back in the next releases?

I add another issue, CTRL+SHIFT+C does not comment anymore…

#579364 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Davide,

Curious if you tried Ctrl + O suggested by Wojtek for the local symbol search? Of course, it’s not the same as the Outline,so you can’t see the structure of the file easily, but it’s much better/faster for navigation.

Will take a note of Ctrl + Shift + C behavior.

#579366 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Brian, yes I tried it but for large JSON files I prefer the outline because it shows the structure of the JSON pretty immediately and it is easyer to navigate. 🙂

Thanks for your work.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by sblantipodi.
    #579368 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Understood, thanks!

#579500 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

I add another issue.
    NodeJS debugging doesn’t work while CodeMix is installed, this is a deal breaker for me that forced me to uninstall it.

Is this a known issue? Will you address it soon?

When I launch the debugger it says: validation
    and it took 15 minutes to complete (my nodeJS project contains thousands of file even due to nodejs modules)
    after 15 minutes it seems that the debugger is attached but breakpoints does not kick in while the code is executed.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by sblantipodi.
    #579511 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Davide,

Based on your comment, I have a feeling you continued to use the regular Node debugging (which is part of Webclipse / Angular IDE) with CodeMix installed.

The Node debugger in CodeMix should be far more capable, whether dealing with just JavaScript or even TypeScript. A doc on the CodeMix debugger is here: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/debugger/debugging-in-codemix/

Could you confirm what you tried, and give the CodeMix debugger a spin if you hadn’t tried that already?
    If you haven’t looked at the CodeMix Overview yet, please see: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/workbench/codemix-getting-started/

#579518 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks for the answer, I really appreciate the support.
    I’m sorry, I was using the old node debugging, now it works well…

Hope to see autocompletion on the debug console and even the history of commands by running the arrow up.

Thank you

#580838 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

I noticed that you added the “feature number 3” described in the first post.
    This works ok in javascript/java but not in HTML. Please don’t forget about html

#580927 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Davide,

Can you attach a screenshot of where you see it not working for HTML? In HTML, we see it working fine for angle brackets.

#581010 Reply

sblantipodi
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    thanks for the answer. I attach a screenshot.

As you can see I positioned the cursor on the first div.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #581258 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Davide,

Perfect, thank you for that note – we see that the tag matching is still to be implemented.

#582768 Reply

support-swapna

Davide,

The reported issue with tag matching has been logged in our issue tracker – see the top of this thread for a link. Feel free to vote-up this issue, as well as others you find important!
    https://www.genuitec.com/go/codemix-top-issues

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#584302 Reply

support-swapna

Davide,

The fix for the tag matching issue is out with the April 30th release. Please update from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you for your support.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Codemix is aswesome but I have some problems… Listing them…

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in