facebook

Color of Typescript Parens and Square Brackets

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

evanross
    Participant

I’m running Codemix in Eclipse doing Typescript work but the parens and square brackets are very light gray against a white background.
    They’re almost invisible.
    I’ve been looking through various settings to change the color but haven’t found the right, magical place.
    Anyone know which settings control this?

#663765 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Evan,

Have you looked at Preferences > CodeMix > Editors > Syntax Coloring and then expanding the JavaScript and TypeScript node? That node has a setting for brackets. If this doesn’t help, do share a screenshot here. Also let us know what theme you’re using.

#663777 Reply

evanross
    Participant

I’m using the Light theme with default Color and Font theme in Eclipse 3030-06 (4.16.0)
    Curly braces show up as black, as set by the ‘brackets’ color.
    Both square brackets and parenthesis are very light gray and almost invisible.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #663782 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Evan,

That’s odd because that setting controls the colors of parenthesis and square brackets too. I specifically tested this in the Light theme on Windows and it worked as expected. Did you happen to make any other color customizations? A bit of a sanity check, are you sure the CodeMix editor is being used (right click file > Open With – TypeScript :: CodeMix should be selected).

Other ideas I have would be to try changing your theme to dark and then light again, to see if that “resets” these colors.
    You could also installing and using the Darkest Dark theme.

#663786 Reply

evanross
    Participant

It works properly in dark theme but then changing back to light or classic brings the problem back.
    I’ve also noticed that the coloring of parenthesis is inconsistent. on function calls they’re light gray but in lambda syntax they’re dark.
    Yes, the file is definitely open with CodeMix. I’ll dig through my installed plugins and see if there’s anything else TS related that could be screwing it up.

Attachments:
    #663788 Reply

evanross
    Participant

Here’s the list of my plugins. Should I have the ‘Typescript Pack::CodeMix’ or is that something old that’s now embedded in Codemix Essentials?

Attachments:
    #663792 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Evan,

Quite sure you’ll have the CodeMix TypeScript tooling installed – but do confirm the editor using the technique I mentioned above, as you could still be using another editor even if our plugin is installed. Right click on the file in the Project Explorer to bring up the context menu and see what is selected under the Open With submenu. That should be TypeScript :: CodeMix

1) If you prefer using a light theme, would using the Light theme installed with DevStyle be an option?
    2) In case there are some bad workspace settings that are “stuck” – you could try to see if importing the project into a new workspace fixes the issue.

#663793 Reply

evanross
    Participant

I found it although I’m not positive how to ‘properly’ fix it.
    Apparently my .tsx files are opening with the ‘Typescript React’ editor and the colors are coming from “Other Languages” instead of from the TypeScript editor settings.
    The shortcut is to change the “Other Languages” colors, but I think the right way is to get the files to open with the correct editor by default.

#663794 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Evan,

If you are using TSX though, I do believe TypeScript React is the right editor to be using. At our end we’ll look into whether this editor can take colors from the TypeScript node instead of Others. Thank you for the report!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Color of Typescript Parens and Square Brackets

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in