facebook

Compatibility issue with JasperSoft Studio

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rmmmm
    Participant

I’ve followed the above installation steps. But it tells me that the fix is already installed?
    (I’ve deinstalled and reinstalled codemix before, maybe with a new install you already deliver that fix?).
    Anyway, I still can’t use codemix. At eclipse startup I get following error:

An internal error occurred during: “Checking CodeMix Access”.
    Bad type on operand stack
    Exception Details:
    com/auth0/jwt/impl/JWTParser.addDeserializers(Lcom/fasterxml/jackson/databind/ObjectMapper;)V @19: invokevirtual
    Reason:
    Type ‘com/auth0/jwt/impl/PayloadDeserializer’ (current frame, stack[2]) is not assignable to ‘com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/JsonDeserializer’
    Current Frame:
    bci: @19
    flags: { }
    locals: { ‘com/auth0/jwt/impl/JWTParser’, ‘com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/ObjectMapper’, ‘com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/module/SimpleModule’ }
    stack: { ‘com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/module/SimpleModule’, ‘java/lang/Class’, ‘com/auth0/jwt/impl/PayloadDeserializer’ }
    Bytecode:
    0000000: bb00 0959 b700 0a4d 2c13 0006 bb00 0b59
    0000010: b700 0cb6 000d 572c 1300 08bb 000e 59b7
    0000020: 000f b600 0d57 2b2c b600 1057 b1

#668508 Reply

support-swapna

rmmmm,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. The compatibility fix should still be installed after installing CodeMix.

I just ran few tests with Eclipse 2020-09 and CodeMix + Compatibility fix and see no issues with the license dialog or the reported error during Eclipse startup. It looks like your installation is either incomplete or corrupted.

1. If you ignore the error at startup, are you able to go to Help > CodeMix > Update License and click on ‘Check Access’? If yes, then what exact error are you seeing once you click on ‘Check Access’. If possible, please attach a screenshot.

2. Please try starting Eclipse with -clean command args and check if the issue persists. You can run it from command line : eclipse.exe -clean or add -clean as the first line in the eclipse.ini file located in the Eclipse installation directory. It is a one time flag and you can remove it after successfully starting the IDE.

3. If -clean does not help, then please take a fresh copy of Eclipse and install CodeMix and the compatibility fix as a quick fix.

4. If you are still seeing the issue in a fresh install, then please share the Eclipse version details, OS and version details and the complete .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with this issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#668518 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

ok. I’ve found out what triggers the error.
    As it seems codemix doesn’t like the jasper reports 6.16.0 plugin. As soon as I deinstall this one. everything works again. When I reinstall der jasper reports plugin, the same error appears again.
    I guess with previous version of the jasper reports plugin the problem didn’t exist (I’m using that plugin since years).

Are you able to reproduce the problem like that?
    It also appears in a fresh eclipse install.

#668524 Reply

support-swapna

rmmmm,

Thank you for sharing your findings regarding the Jasper Reports plugin.
    Do you mean Jasper Studio plugin? I tried looking for Jasper Reports and found only Jasper Studio from Eclipse Marketplace and it fails to install at my end with ‘Artifacts not found’ errors.

How did you install the plugin? Please share the details along with the URLs to help us replicate the problem at our end.
    Please also share with us the .log file (rename the extension to .txt) as requested in my previous response.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#670481 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

Sorry, I was in a kind of holidays for a while. But here we go:
    Steps to get the error:
    – Install eclipse j2e using the eclipse installer (I’ve just tried it out with the newest version 2020-12)
    – install vue.js :: codemix 3 (marketplace)
    – install the fix from the thread start
    – register codemix extension
    – install jaspersoft studio 6.16.0 (marketplace)
    – Et voila. after the following restart you should see the error (sometimes I need to wait a minute or so, or to click around a bit)

As it seems, eventhough I still get that error, I can edit *.vue files. At least previously that wasn’t possible. Maybe I did something different then.

OS Version: Debian Testing
    Java version: openjdk 11.0.10-ea 2021-01-19
    Log file attached. You can ignore everything before 2020-17-01. Everything before that date are from other installations.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #670514 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed steps.

Can you please clarify if the Eclipse 2020-12 is a clean install or an update from your previous 2020-03 installation?
    Please share with us the bundles.info file located in the Eclipse installation directory\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator folder to help us investigate further. Also share with us the OS and version details.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#670520 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

It was a completely fresh installation using the eclipse installer. I only reused a previous workspace to test it.

The OS is: Debian Linux. Version: Testing
    Desktop: KDE Plasma
    Java version: openjdk 11.0.10-ea 2021-01-19

What other information would you need?

Attachments:
    #670522 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! Thanks for the extra information. The bundles file looks correct.

Unfortunately installing from the Eclipse installer does not mean it’s a clean installation as it will reuse bundles and preferences from older installations as well. That’s what oomph does and it has been causing compatibility issues in the past, not only with CodeMix but with other third party plugins as well. It would be great if you could try out an packaged eclipse install downloaded from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/. Extract it on a directory that you know will have read and write permissions (under home should work for example), in addition to that use a new workspace. That way you will be in a clean installation.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can additionally remove all org.eclipse.oomph directories under ~/.eclipse/ to make sure every single preference recorded by oomph is reset (they won’t be removed from your existing eclipse installs, but it’s just to make sure new installs don’t get those applied as well).

#670671 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

alright. i’ve downloaded an packaged eclipse installation, used a new workspace. and the same…
    This time I’ve forget to register the codemix plugin before installing the jasper reports plugin. The result is, that now I can’t register the codemix plugin. “Logging in, please wait” is shown for ever. But in the log, it shows the same error message.
    See attached log file.

so what I did was:
    – Download an eclipse j2e package and unzip it into a new directory
    – open eclipse and create a new workspace
    – install vue.js :: codemix 3 (marketplace)
    – install the fix from the thread start
    – install jaspersoft studio 6.16.0 (marketplace)
    – try to register codemix extension => error happens

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Compatibility issue with JasperSoft Studio

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in