facebook

Considerable slowdown with the start of JBoss in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lofi
    Participant

I noticed a considerable slowdown with the start of JBoss in MyEclipse. Is there some way to trace what might cause the slowdown? Anti-Virus software etc?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Lofi.
    #678247 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Lofi,

1) If you start JBoss externally, does it start any faster? MyEclipse uses the same libraries and routines to start the server, so unless there’s a bug here, the timing should be similar.
    2) What version of MyEclipse are you using, and what version of JBoss AS are you deploying to?
    3) Is there a difference in startup time if no application is deployed to the server – does the startup time seem acceptable then?
    4) An antivirus could definitely play a major role in slowdowns of this nature. If you have a corporate A/V, I’m assuming Windows Defender is turned off, but please see: https://www.genuitec.com/stop-slow-eclipse-myeclipse-startups/ on how it can impact performance. If you do have a corporate A/V, is it possible to turn it off entirely to test (sometimes exclusion rules don’t really work as well, or can be misconfigured, resulting in an incorrect diagnosis of what is causing the slowdown)

#678270 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Thank you Brian, I already checked Windows Defender. It didn’t cause the problems. I tracked the problem down to Conpal LAN Crypt. I have no information what it does internally, but these are the startup times:

* Conpal LAN Crypt uninstalled: 40 seconds
    * Conpal LAN Crypt installed, not active: 80 seconds
    * Conpal LAN Crypt installed, active: 2 Minutes

It should only access the network folders, but apparently it has some influence even if MyEclipse and JBoss run on the local drive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Considerable slowdown with the start of JBoss in MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in