facebook

Could not create Java virtual machine error with JBoss 7.x

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DevAlternatives
    Participant

Hello,

I am getting the error when I try to start a JBoss AS 7.1.1 Server from MyEclipse, it shows a popup with the message in the subject of the topic and then in the console i can read Unrecognized option: -JBoss

Also the deployment doesn’t seem to work when it is “Exploded Archive”, the deployment scanner throws an error in the log:

10:24:02,957 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-
    threads – 1) JBAS015010: The deployment scanner found a directory named WEB-INF
    that was not inside a directory whose name ends with .ear, .jar, .rar, .sar or .
    war. This is likely the result of unzipping an archive directly inside the \jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\deployments directory, which is a user error. The WEB-INF directory will not be scanned for deployments, but it is possible that the scanner mayfind other files from the unzipped archive and attempt to deploy them, leading to errors.

#326221 Reply

support-swapna

DevAlternatives,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the issue at my end. I have tried starting the JBoss 7.1.1 on MyEclipse 10.1 and I could also deploy a simple project to it.

1. Can you please share the installation details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details? Paste them here for us.

2. Please attach a screenshot of your JBoss server connector. Also make sure the JDK (Window> Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers> JBoss > JBoss 7.x > JDK )is pointed to Sun JDK in the JBoss Connector.

3. Can you clarify if the JBoss 7.1.1 is starting fine outside of MyEclipse ?

4. Please check the deployment for a simple project. Go to MyEclipse > Examples on -Demand > SimpleJSPExample. Install it to your workspace and check if it can be deployed fine.

Let us know how it works for you.

#326239 Reply

DevAlternatives
    Participant

Hi!

Apparently it has to do with the Server Name in the JBoss Connector, if you speficy it it gets added as a parameter for the JVM.

Thanks

#326248 Reply

support-swapna

DevAlternatives,

Glad that you got it working.
    Do let us know if you see any issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Could not create Java virtual machine error with JBoss 7.x

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in