facebook

Create a Maven WAR file

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eugenejsn
    Participant

ME 2017 on Windows 7.

I created a MAVEN project (File –> New –> Maven Project). Inside this project, there are web related files and java files. I intended to create a WAR file for the project so that I can deploy the WAR file to the TomCat server.

What are the steps to create the WAR on this Maven project?

Thanks

Eugene

#520919 Reply

support-swapna

Eugene,

Please refer to Tony’s response on this thread : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-war-file-for-maven-project/#post-520829

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#521086 Reply

eugenejsn
    Participant

That link was quite confusing and I couldn’t find the answer I wanted. I am asking: What are the steps to create the WAR on the Maven project in ME IDE?

Eugene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by eugenejsn.
    #521285 Reply

support-swapna

Eugene,

If you have created the project using File –> New –> Maven Project, then it is not recognized as maven web project in MyEclipse. You should add the appropriate facets like Dynamic Web Module and Java. Right click on the project > Properties > Project Facets page and add the appropriate facets. Now you can export this project as WAR.

Alternatively, you can select a web archetype while creating the project using File > New > Maven Project, do not enable the ‘Create a simple project’ and select a web archetype in the next window.

You can also create a maven web project using File > New > Web Project, enable the ‘Add Maven support’ option and export as war or deploy to the server directly.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Create a Maven WAR file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in