facebook

Create Angular Project Fails

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

koehl
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not able to create a new Angular Project using Angular IDE anymore.

First I get always the warning, that it is not possible to update the Angular CLI version list.
    If I press finish, I get always the error that the project creation fails.

I’m sure that some month ago it was working fine. Eclipse is able to access the internet. Angular IDE is updating sometimes to the latest version. I’m also able to use the Internal Web Browser, and I’m able to access https://www.genuitec.com/ within the Internal Web Browser. I haven’t changed any network settings in Eclipse.

Regards
    Bernd

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #538608 Reply

support-swapna

Koehl,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with angular project creation. It might be an issue with intermittent internet connection.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Please clarify if you are behind a firewall or proxy. If yes, then can you please recheck if the correct proxy details are configured here : Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections?
    2. Can you please retry the project creation and check if it works? If it fails, then please share with us the output from the Terminal+ view for the project and the .log file located in workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation. Also share with us the OS and version details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#538670 Reply

koehl
    Participant

Dear Swapna,

the problem was located in the proxy settings. After clearing the settings manually, I was able to create a new project.

Thank you for your help,
    Bernd

#538772 Reply

support-swapna

Bernd,

Glad that it is resolved. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#545266 Reply

Joseph
    Participant

I’ve got a similar problem but different …”suddenly” I can’t create projects AND I cannot run imported existing projects…

see attached for creating a NEW project. Cannot install angular CLI

running on Windows 7.

I’ve also added the log from trying to NPM install the imported existing project..
    WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

error Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, rename ‘C:\Users\admin1\Documents\workspace-sts-3.8.3.RELEASE\MovieManiaSPA2\node_modules\.staging\rxjs-6602dd9d’ -> ‘C:\Users\admin1\Documents\workspace-sts-3.8.3.RELEASE\MovieManiaSPA2\node_modules\rxjs’ parent: ‘foofoo’ }

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #545370 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Joseph,

Unfortunately there are issues that NPM 5.x seems to have with Windows – so either you moved to NPM 5.x from 4.x, or moved to a new version of NPM 5.x which is problematic on your system (you could have moved automatically because a new version is available, and the project wizard selected the latest automatically)

We’re unable to reproduce the problem reliably nor are we able to find a 100% solution to the problem – but we’re continuing to investigate. Some suggestions I can provide right now:

1) Try cleaning your local npm cache, using npm cache clean from the command line.
    2) Try an older version of 5.x, or use NPM 4.
    3) Do you have an antivirus running? Even Windows defender? Can you try turning them off to see if that makes a difference?

Do let us know if any of these solutions work to resolve your problem.

#545576 Reply

Joseph
    Participant

Brian,

The existing project that I tried to run [ see the attached log in the previous post], is
    using:
    Node 7.7.4
    NPM 3.10.10

I have tried cleaning cache; run as administrator….disabled virus [ What is THAT about?]…

NOTE: I originally exported the existing project as an archive file. First I dropped the node-modules/dependencies. Upon import I run NPM install — this “used to work”!!
    RIGHT NOW:
    I CAN create a project from the windows/CMD CLI – add my application code & run it successfully from there…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Create Angular Project Fails

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in