facebook

CSS formatter missing?

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

davidhedley
    Participant

I have just installed CodeMix to help with CSS/HTML development.

However it appears there is no CSS formatter?

If I do Ctrl+Shift+F, I get the message “There is no document formatter for ‘css’-files installed”.

I have installed the Beautify extension and still no joy.

This is with Eclipse 2018-09 (4.9.0) and CodeMix CI 2019.2.14

Am I missing something?

#610099 Reply

Brian Fernandes

David,

That’s odd, Beautify does work for CSS files. If you go to Help > CodeMix Extensions, at the top of the “Installed Extensions” list, do you see a refresh icon? That would indicate that a refresh is needed after installing the extension (typically automatic). Another thing to try is to simply restart the IDE.

Anything odd about your CSS files, do they have a .css extension or are they .scss, .less, etc.?

If neither of these work, can you please send us your workspace error log? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

#610107 Reply

davidhedley
    Participant

Aha!

In the extensions list, Beautify was unticked. I have now ticked it, clicked the refresh icon and it is now working correctly. Thank you for your help.

I hadn’t realised there was an extra step to enable the Beautify extension after installing it. Is there a reason why this wasunticked by default, even though I installed it through the Extension Manager?

#610111 Reply

Brian Fernandes

David,

It shouldn’t have been disabled, and no extra step should have been required once you installed the extension.

While investigating your issue, we found some bugs that would cause the behavior you see, and we’re going to fix this in an upcoming release. Thank you for the report!

#610792 Reply

raphi
    Participant

Hi,

i have got the same issue, and Beatify was also unticked.
    phpfmt formatter was also unticked by default. I am using Eclipse 2018-12 (4.10.0) and newest CodeMix Version.

Maybe you should have a look at this 🙂

Thanks,
    Raphi

#612829 Reply

davidhedley
    Participant

I have had to install Eclipse on another computer. I have installed CodeMix but this time a newer version (2019.4.11) and I have the same problem again – no CSS formatter. However there doesn’t appear to be a Beautify extension available at all now? I have installed the Web Dev Pack extension but I still get “There is no document formatter for ‘css’-files installed”. If I click on “Install Formatter…” button then nothing happens.

Please advise

#612834 Reply

Brian Fernandes

David,

We’re taking a look at why it has disappeared from the installable extension list.

In the meanwhile, please download the VSIX file from here, and use the Install from VSIX file option to install beautify.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

#612835 Reply

davidhedley
    Participant

That worked. Thank you for your support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: CSS formatter missing?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in