facebook

Customization of background color settings

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

luoran
    Participant

After installing devstyle, I want to change the background color of the edit area, but restart will be initialized. Is there any way to solve this problem?

#601757 Reply

support-swapna

Luoran,

Thank you for trying DevStyle.

Can you please clarify if the problem is with the IDE prompting you to restart when you change the background color or is the IDE resetting your background color changes after restarting?

If you are also changing the workbench theme in addition to the editor theme from the DevStyle > Color Themes page, then restarting the IDE is necessary to apply the new workbench theme.

Please let us know how exactly you are changing the background color for editor along with the Eclipse version details to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#601799 Reply

luoran
    Participant

The position is General>Editors>Text Editors ‘Background color’.This setting is valid before closing IDE,but once it is restarted, the color will return to its previous state.I just want to experience the theme of DevStyle and apply some of my own customization.

#602457 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

I’m sorry for the late response, I have just tried the same thing and it worked on my side. I know that in the past we’ve seen issues like this with Devstyle and the Eclipse preference recorder. Could you please try the following.

1. Close your eclipse.
    2. Backup your ~/.eclipse directory
    3. Remove all ~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.*
    4. Start eclipse and try the same flow again.

Does this help?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#602486 Reply

luoran
    Participant

Thank you for your time. I repeated what you said, but what’s disappointing is that it doesn’t work. I guess there is a setting that affects the color reset every time IDE is restarted.

#602494 Reply

support-swapna

Luoran,

Sorry that you are still seeing the problem.

Can you please switch to a new workspace and check if the problem persists? Please specify a non-existent directory for workspace when starting Eclipse and let us know if you still see the problem with background color settings. Also share with us the Eclipse version details along with your OS version details.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#602495 Reply

luoran
    Participant

I have tried this method and even changed the version of the IDE (4.7/4.9), but the problem has not been solved. I have given up, probably because of the wrong configuration file on my computer that caused this error. Now I have tried to adapt to the dark theme of DevStyle. It is also good. Thank you for your attention. I hope my question is just a few examples. If you reproduce this problem and have a suitable solution, you can let me know. Thank you very much again!

#602508 Reply

support-swapna

luoran,

Sorry that the suggestions did not help. Overriding the settings is not an intended behavior and a bug is filed for the dev team to work on a fix for respecting such preferences. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if you see any other issues with Darkest Dark.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Customization of background color settings

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in