facebook

Debugger gets into weird state

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brian
    Participant

I’ve been using the WebClipse plugin with Eclipse Oxygen for front end development. I’m developing on a Mac with High Sierra OS.

The debugger tends to get into a weird state after I introduce bugs in my front end development. Even after I fix my bugs. The debugger will not start. It remains at 57% while trying to launch Chrome.

I opened up Chrome developer tools and noticed that the code will stop at unexisting breakpoints in the following:
    inline.bundle.js
    polyfills.bundle.js
    styles.bundle.js
    Main.bundle.js

I’ve taken a screen shot of an error that is displayed in the chrome developer tools and attached it.

I can get the debugger to work again after a series of restarting Eclipse and my MacBook Pro.

Any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #548366 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brian,

This is an issue we have seen before but have been unable to nail down – the other thread is here: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/launching-angular-project-in-eclipse-freezes-on-57-when-opening-the-browser/

1) Does this only happen after you have bugs in your code? If you don’t introduce bugs and keep coding, does it continue to work (understand that this may not be easy to answer)
    2) Does regular launching work – if you choose to Run instead of Debug?
    3) What version of the Angular CLI (or Angular), Node and NPM are you using?
    4) What version of Chrome do you have installed?

#548394 Reply

Brian
    Participant

1. I believe this only happens after I introduce bugs. I’ll keep an eye out and let you know if I see if it happens otherwise.

2. I was able to run and use my app even with this issue.

3. npm version: 5.4.2, node version: 8.5.0, angular/cli version: 1.3.2

4. I have the latest version of Chrome: Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

#548758 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for the details.
    I have passed them to the dev team. We will keep you posted about the fix.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Debugger gets into weird state

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in