facebook

Deployment Issue – "Operation failed"

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

karanchhabada
    Participant

Hi,

Now I’m facing issue while adding deployment to the server.
    I have added ear to the server. Server getting started but ear is not. And when I try to start it getting error.
    Below are the logs, can you please check,

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.server.core 4 0 2017-06-14 12:24:06.232
    !MESSAGE Error calling delegate startModule() org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$17$1@7e878ff4
    !STACK 1
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Operation failed. See Error Log view for details
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebSphereServerBehaviour.runModuleOperation(WebSphereServerBehaviour.java:459)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebSphereServerBehaviour.startModule(WebSphereServerBehaviour.java:340)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$17$1.run(Server.java:3098)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.runAndWait(Server.java:3036)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$17.run(Server.java:3087)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
    Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Operation failed. See Error Log view for details
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException.<init>(GenuitecCoreException.java:71)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException.<init>(GenuitecCoreException.java:46)
    … 6 more
    !SUBENTRY 1 com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.core 4 0 2017-06-14 12:24:06.232
    !MESSAGE Operation failed. See Error Log view for details
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.Exception: Operation failed. See Error Log view for details
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException.<init>(GenuitecCoreException.java:71)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException.<init>(GenuitecCoreException.java:46)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebSphereServerBehaviour.runModuleOperation(WebSphereServerBehaviour.java:459)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebSphereServerBehaviour.startModule(WebSphereServerBehaviour.java:340)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$17$1.run(Server.java:3098)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.runAndWait(Server.java:3036)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$17.run(Server.java:3087)

#526612 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Karan,

I’ve split this topic as this is a new issue and will be easier to track as a separate topic.

It looks like the actual deployment is failing and we will need the error log from the time of deployment, in order to investigate this further. Could you please empty the error log (this can be done from the Error Log view), try to deploy the EAR project again then send us the error log, which can be exported from the Error Log view.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#526626 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Tony,

Attached erro log as well as sysout log.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #526629 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

error log attached

Attachments:
    #526641 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Karan,

Thanks for the logs. They show earlier attempts to start the app (IEApp) which failed after about 20 minutes, indicating errors in the app. Could you please try switching to classic deployment mode and trying to deploy and start the app using that mode? To switch to classic mode, double click on the server in the Servers view, which will open a server configuration editor. Go to the Advanced Publishing Settings panel, click the Classic option and save the configuration. You may need to remove any deployed apps first, to be able to make this change.

Once deployed in Classic mode, check that the application starts. If not, please let us have the logs again. If it does start, switch back to in-workspace mode and check again with that mode.

If you still see problems, please let us know if the app has ever started successfully in WAS 9.

#526649 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Tony,

I tried running server in Classic mode but still no luck.
    I’m still facing thread hung issue.

Attachments:
    #526861 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Karan,

Thanks for the log and info. Your previous log didn’t show any hung thread issues, so this seems to be a new issue when deploying in classic mode. However, I assume that the application was deployed successfully (you don’t attach the log which covers the deployment, or installation on Websphere), just as it appeared to be deployed successfully with in-workspace mode.

I noticed class loading errors following the hung thread message. Please check your deployment assemblies for the EAR project and all included projects. Right click on the project and select Properties, then go to the Deployment/Deployment Assembly page. The deployment assembly shows all projects and libraries that will be packaged for deployment of that project. There is a Learning Center article that gives more information on the Deployment Assembly. You may find other Learning Center articles helpful, also.

As I asked previously, has the app ever started successfully in WAS 9 (using any deployment method, not necessarily MyEclipse)? It may be that the application has errors which prevent its starting successfully.

Please let us know how you get on.

#526863 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Tony,

Thread hung issue is not new, It was there in workspace mode as well.
    I dint notice any difference in workspace mode and Classic mode. Server is behaving the same way.
    Also EAR did not deployed successfully, whenever I try to start IEApp(EAR), it ends with deployment failed.

Answer to your question, No, app server never started on WAS 9 before, not on my machine not anywhere else. Also there are no application error (I can’t see any).
    We are upgrading from WAS 7 to WAS 9, and this is fresh setup.

#526864 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Also getting error while trying to view deployment assembly for and EAR project.
    Error log attached.

Attachments:
    #526866 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Karan,

OK, it’s just that I didn’t see any thread hung messages in your last server log. I also did see the “Application IEApp installed successfully” message, indicating that the actual deployment worked OK. If the deployment had failed, the app wouldn’t have been installed on the server, and the server would never have tried to start it.

However, as I mentioned, there were some class loader issues shown in the server log. Such as:

[6/14/17 18:11:40:661 IST] 000000b6 Bootstrap Z org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.MissingDependenciesRegistry handleResourceLoadingException WELD-000119: Not generating any bean definitions from gov.mt.dphhs.chimes.ejb.business.services.in.INCCUBSCCReferralEJBBean because of underlying class loading error: Type gov.mt.dphhs.chimes.jaxb.cargo.generated.ChildCareReferralReq not found. If this is unexpected, enable DEBUG logging to see the full error.

This suggests that some necessary libraries or projects aren’t specified in the deployment assembly. I see that you’re having problems viewing the deployment assembly. Looks like there might be some GUI model corruption in your workspace. Please remove the deployment from the server, restart MyEclipse with a fresh workspace, add the WebSphere server again then import your projects from the old workspace and see if you can see the deployment assembly.

If the deployment assemblies seem in order (or if you make changes), retry deploying the application from this fresh workspace and attach the error log and server system log, as before, if there are still issues starting the app.

Sorry for the continuing problems.

#527412 Reply

karanchhabada
    Participant

Now, Im facing
    Application name is unknown, while deploying ear.
    Below is error log.

java.lang.Exception: Cannot update state of the deployment. Application name is unknown.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere.WebSphereServerBehaviour$1.run(WebSphereServerBehaviour.java:311)

I have trie to clean and redeploy still dint work.
    I have also tried to uninstall it from Application (admin console).
    Can you please tell what is causing this issue? and how to resolve this.

#527423 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Karan,

Sorry you’re seeing further issues. It would help us investigate if you could provide more information:

1. Can you please provide the error log containing the error, so we have a fuller picture of the issue?
    2. Why did you try to uninstall the application from the WebSphere Admin console? What was the error you received?
    3. Did you try the uninstall from the admin console before, or after, trying the Clean (redeploy) menu action in the Servers view?
    4. I assume that you managed to resolve your earlier issues, is that correct? If so, can you recall the changes you made after deploying successfully previously? Those changes may be related to the error you are now seeing.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Deployment Issue – "Operation failed"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in