facebook

DevStyle-Dark invisible bracket marker

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

devapps
    Participant

Hi

How to change the color of the beginning or ending designation of the brackets is invisible in the selected line?
    I recommend the color of the selected rectangle: #FFFF00

Thanks for help
    RP

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by devapps.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by devapps.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #614367 Reply

support-swapna

RP,

You can go to the Syntax Coloring page for the file type in the Window > Preferences page and change the color for brackets.
    Example : For a JavaScript file, go to Window > Preferences > JavaScript > Editor > Syntax Coloring, expand ‘JavaScript’ element and select ‘Brackets’. You can edit the color as per your choice.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#614369 Reply

devapps
    Participant

Thanks for your answers
    But my query was not about the color of brackets, but their borders (gray square) on the opening bracket when the cursor is at the closing bracket, like on the attachment printscreen

#614375 Reply

support-swapna

RP,

Apologies for the overlook.
    Can you please clarify in which editor you are seeing this problem?
    I checked with Java/JSP and JS files and see clearer/light color marker at my end.

Please also share with us the Eclipse/MyEclipse version details, your OS and version details and the styling shortcut code from Window > Preferences > DevStyle > Color Themes page to help us investigate further.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#614377 Reply

devapps
    Participant

I use Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers
    Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0)
    Build id: 20180917-1800
    DevStyle (includes Darkest Dark Theme) 1.11.0.201903292252 com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    Workbench theme: Dark Gray (Darkest Dark)
    Editor theme: IntelliJ IDEA Dark
    Styling shortcode: ARk3DA
    on OS MS Windows 10 Home 64-bit ver. 1809 (compilation 10.0.17763.503)

#614379 Reply

Aaron Lara

RP, For what I read you are refering to the border of the bracket in the Selected Line, but in such case there’s no border at all. It usually only highlights with a border the partner of the selected bracket. You can see for yourself if you had opening and closing brackets in the same line.

See for example this gif.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    #614398 Reply

devapps
    Participant

I am referring to the beginning/end of the selected bracket, exactly like in your animation, you have a clear white border and in my case it is gray as the background selected line :/ how to change the color of this frame?

#614399 Reply

Aaron Lara

RP, You can do it in different preferences pages depending on the editor you work with. For example Go to Window > Preferences, expand General > Editor > Structured Text Editor and change the color for Matching backkets highlight. If that didn’thelp, you can try writting matching brackets in the preferences dialog filter and go to the page that might correspond to the type of file you work with.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#615070 Reply

devapps
    Participant

It works! You are a genius, but why it works only in .php files not in .js

#615072 Reply

Aaron Lara

It depends on the editor you are using and if it supports styling correctly. For example, if you use CodeMix you can go to Windows > Preferences, then expand CodeMix > Styntax Coloring and edit Bracket Matching. If you are not using CodeMix I suggest giving it a try, it has great support for web development. See more details here.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: DevStyle-Dark invisible bracket marker

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in