facebook

disable auto complete functions

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

roelof1
    Participant

I tried every menu option to stop the useless auto complete function and especially for the insertion of dual quote marks.
    This auto complete slows down my system and my work and the dual insertion of ” or ‘ quotemarks is frustrating me to the max at the moment.

I spend more time on waiting, correcting wrong predictions and removing unwanted quote marks then I can spend on real programming.

#695370 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry for your experience.
    What language are you coding in?
    If you are working with a version older than MyEclipse 2022.1, then please also share the version details from Help > About MyEclipse dialog.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#695371 Reply

roelof1
    Participant

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 2022.1.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20220324

I am coding in a combination of javascript, angular 2.0 and java.

#695374 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details.
    Are you seeing the performance problem with autocomplete in all the editors i.e Java/JS/TS or only in specific editors like TS?
    If there is a tslint.json file in the project, then you can edit the quotemark to allow single quotes only. This will ensure the single quotes are not marked as warnings/errors in a typescript file.

Example :

"quotemark": [
         [
            true,
            "single"
          ]
        ],

You can tweak the auto complete settings for the specific editor in the ‘Content Assist’ preferences page. Example : For Java editor, go to Window > Preferences > Java > Editor > Content Assist and you can disable the auto activation or customize the settings as per your choice. You can also disable the automatic closing of quotes from the Java > Editor > Typing preferences page.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you still see issues with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#695380 Reply

support-swapna

For disabling quotes in JavaScript and TypeScript, go to Window > Preferences > TextMate > click on ‘Language Configuration’, select the js and ts/tsx content type, switch to ‘Auto Closing Pairs’ tab and uncheck ‘Enable auto closing brackets’. Please note that this will also disable auto closing brackets along with the quotes. Attached is the screenshot for your references.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: disable auto complete functions

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in