facebook

Eclipse Angular IDE CI 2020.7.22 Plugin Debugging Problem

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

angulardude
    Participant

Hi, after upgrade eclipse 2019 to Angular IDE CI 2020.7.22 I had a systemcrash.
    I updated Eclipse to org.eclipse.platform=4.21.0.v20210906-0500 with Angular IDE CI 2020.7.22

Following problems occur

Folder Rightclick Debug – Debug Configuration
    Spinner rotates for 5 min straight, before the context menu opens.

Angular CLI Applications
    Server starts sometimes, in debug mode, but without debugging working, chrome browser does not open.

launch.json
    MSG: Debugger for Chrome extension is not installed or not enabled.
    New installing is not possible.

ChromeDebug
    Launching Chrome (21%) then nameless Error

Logfile
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2021-10-12 09:30:11.469
    !MESSAGE
    !STACK 0
    java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.timedGet(CompletableFuture.java:1956)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2091)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.extensions.ExtensionsService.requestInstalledExtensions(ExtensionsService.java:661)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.extensions.ExtensionsService.access$15(ExtensionsService.java:657)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.extensions.ExtensionsService$2.run(ExtensionsService.java:849)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2021-10-12 09:33:38.216
    !MESSAGE Unable to make field private final java.lang.String java.io.File.path accessible: module java.base does not “opens java.io” to unnamed module @166c24f0
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field private final java.lang.String java.io.File.path accessible: module java.base does not “opens java.io” to unnamed module @166c24f0

Thanks for your help!

#676551 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Unfortunately, it looks like CodeMix is broken in newer Eclipse versions.
    The dev team is currently looking into it. If you can downgrade Eclipse version, then please install CodeMix to Eclipse 2020-09 and apply the patch as suggested here

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for reporting this issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#676601 Reply

angulardude
    Participant

Hi, I installed Eclipse Version Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0) and installed the CodeMix 2020-09 compatibility fix.
    There are several ways to start the frontend debugging. Is there one suggested way?
    I start the server, message “** Angular Live Development Server is listening on localhost:4200, open your browser on http://localhost:4200/ **
    : Compiled successfully.”
    I hit the button Chrome debugging.
    I get the message “eclipse debugger for Chrome extension is not installed or not enabled”.
    I go to the Angular frontend code folder. Debug as –> Debug configuration. Eclipse needs 5 min to open the dialog.
    After that I choose Chrome Debug from the Debug Configurations.
    Chrome starts and the application is running. But debugging is not working and seems not to be enabled.

#676602 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that the debugging issue persists.

Can you please go to Help > CodeMix Extensions page and check if ‘Debugger for Chrome’ is enabled. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.
    If its not enabled, then enable it and reload the engine. Please also check if the Angular extension is installed. If no, then click on the icon for Angular(listed under CodeMix Extension Packs) to install the pack.

Please refer to this tutorial for help with debugging in CodeMix : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/debugger/debugging-in-codemix

If you are still seeing issues, then please share the file type you are trying to debug along with the .log file (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) to help us check for any errors logged.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #676616 Reply

angulardude
    Participant

Hi,

Help > CodeMix Extensions page and check if ‘Debugger for Chrome’ is installed but maybe not enabled.
    The Installed Extensions are Loading… but cannot finish loading, as you can see in the attached screen shot.
    How can we force to load the installed extensions?

Attachments:
    #676619 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot.
    Is this Eclipse 2020-09? Can you please recheck? I just tested the extensions on Eclipse 2020-09 and they load fine.
    Can you please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log? Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#676621 Reply

angulardude
    Participant

Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java Developers (includes Incubating components)

Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0)
    Build id: 20200910-1200

Attachments:
    #676671 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the log file. The problem is with the JDK that is used to start Eclipse. Please start Eclipse with JDK 15 or lower versions for CodeMix to work. Edit the eclipse.ini file located in the Eclipse installation directory and point the -vm to JDK <=15. Hope this helps. --Swapna Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Eclipse Angular IDE CI 2020.7.22 Plugin Debugging Problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in