facebook

Eclipse color theme suggestion

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Suggestions
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

romuloaps
    Participant

I would like to suggest another color theme with less colors: http://www.eclipsecolorthemes.org/?view=theme&id=47380

I think all of the eclipse color dark themes are a complete color mess, very different from the white theme.

Thank you

#524369 Reply

support-swapna

romuloaps,

Thank you for the suggestion.

The Darkest Dark preferences page allows you to import color themes of your choice.
    Download the color theme in XML format to your system. Go to Window > Preferences > General > Appearance > Darkest Dark page. Click ‘Import a theme’, select the downloaded theme xml file and apply the changes to work with a theme you like.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#524414 Reply

romuloaps
    Participant

Thank you for your support!
    This theme was made by my self. It was just a suggestion.

I’m sorry if it was not clear enough, maybe because of my beggining english skill 😀

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by romuloaps.
    #524416 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hey @romuloaps, thanks for your suggestions! I really liked your theme, Good work! We are aiming to include it in our list of themes by next release (soon).

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#524422 Reply

Aaron Lara

btw, look how awsome your color theme looks with our new incomming Simply White icons set 😀

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #524424 Reply

romuloaps
    Participant

Awesome!!! I’m really thankfull and happy that you liked this theme.
    I also appreciate that “Simply White” icons, very clean.

Great job. Congrats!

#525613 Reply

hfcangular
    Participant

Is the Darkest Dark theme some kind of weird joke? It is totally unusable. Black font on black background? Do I have to make my own, or can I just switch to the Eclipse default? I see nothing under “import” as suggested above. Is there something in regular Eclipse, What a totally bizarre, obnoxious, alienating intro to an IDE.

#525616 Reply

Aaron Lara

@hfcangular, looks like you are having issues with Darkest Dark, apologies for that. Could you please provide more details so we can help you solve the issues?

– What eclipse version are you running?
    – What is your Operative System?
    – Can you provide ScreenShots of the issues you describe?
    – Anything interesting in errors log?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#525617 Reply

hfcangular
    Participant

Having problems? Darkest Dark is the problem. I ran the standard installer and the Darkest Dark came up. Why is there a question about version or OS or screen shots? Darkest Dark was black on black. I found the “classic” Eclipse theme, thankfully, under Windows-Preferences-General-Appearance. When I switched I was told that Darkest Dark “intercepted certain IDE features”. If this is a feature why was it built into something unusable? It intercepted visual comprehension totally.

#525618 Reply

Aaron Lara

Sorry you are running into these issues, I want to clarify what you describe is not a normal experience. That’s why more details would be appreciated.

– “I ran the standard installer and the Darkest Dark came up”
    What product are you installing?

– What type of source code were you editing?

– Was this in an existing workspace?

#525619 Reply

hfcangular
    Participant

I installed Angular IDE. It came up Darkest Dark, illegible and unusable, to me. I wasn’t editing anything at all. It was a new empty workspace. I have different tastes from your developers I think.

#525620 Reply

hfcangular
    Participant

The install looked like the black screen shot above, except that I wasn’t editing anything so there was no code color highlighting. Fonts in other places, like Preferences, used black on black, which prevented me from seeing what the options were. When I scrolled down one option at a time was highlighted, but I prefer to let my eyes scroll down. It’s hard to imagine that most people don’t dislike this.

#525621 Reply

Aaron Lara

To be clear this is how Preferences should look likke (see screenshot). That’s why my guess is your installation has an error. It would be really helpful if you found anything in errors log.

Attachments:
    #525623 Reply

Aaron Lara

Also, are you by any chance running Windows with a classic (old style) looking theme? Asking because some users reported similar issues when running with windows classic theme.

#525805 Reply

hfcangular
    Participant

Here is a screen shot of Preferences in a new workspace, which applies the defaults (without “copy settings”). Theme is Darkest Dark and Color and Font are Default–current. Text is black on black background except when highlighted by manual action. I am using Win 7 Pro and Windows Classic theme, the most vanilla theme around. Is black text on black ground for a vanilla theme not a bug?

No matter, I have changed the theme to another “classic”. I don’t at all understand why black ground is considered desirable in a UI. The screen is a potential light source. White ground gives more light to the eye, provides better contrast and legibility. There must be guidelines by vision physiologists on these matters. What do they say?

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Eclipse color theme suggestion

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in