facebook

Eclipse oxgen crashed on startup

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ajphoenix
    Participant

After updating to the latest version of codemix through the eclipse updater and restarting, my eclipse IDE will not startup. It shows the splash screen and then an error.
    Attached the error log along.

I’ve tried to start eclipse with the -clean arg in the eclipse.ini file but it still just wont start up.
    Is there any way to delete this plugin completely from eclipse and start it up?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #615897 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

The short answer is Yes, you can delete all com.genuitec.* plugins from Eclipse/plugins though unfortunately from at least some of the errors, it seems that it was more the underlying Eclipse update mechanism that failed to correctly apply the update.

I see messages like:
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livechat.ui 2 0 2019-06-12 15:41:15.075
    !MESSAGE Could not resolve module: com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livechat.ui [14]
    Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui

This is of course concerning as it implies the eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info file was somehow corrupted which isn’t something we almost ever see. It’s possible we could regenerate you a replacement if you sent us your bundles.info file in its current form as well as the latest Profile definition available at eclipse/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry/......profile/156......profile.gz

If you don’t have a lot of add-on plugins, your fastest way to recovery may involve reinstalling Eclipse + your plugins. I am still looking on our side for any other options that may be available.

#615899 Reply

ajphoenix
    Participant

I’ve attached the 2 files. I would really like to keep my existing installation since reloading all my existing projects and connecting them to their vcs’s again in a fresh install would take way too much time 🙁

Attachments:
    #615901 Reply

ajphoenix
    Participant

bundles.info renamed and uploaded. For some reason it wouldn’t upload the original file.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by ajphoenix.
    Attachments:
    #615903 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Understood. Will take a look now at ways to restore your bundles.info. Perhaps you can Zip the bundles.info instead of attaching directly? I don’t see it in the latest post.

The good news is that all your projects, workspace settings, connections to version control are in your workspace, not in the install. So if you are able in parallel to download Eclipse and install your key plugins, you’ll find that all of your projects and settings are still there as long as you point to the existing workspace.

#615916 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello @ajphoenix, can you try replacing your bundles.info file with the one I just attached? It should fix your eclipse installation (or at least I hope so).

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    Attachments:
    #615919 Reply

ajphoenix
    Participant

Oh man. Thank you so much. You are a life saver. Was able to start it up and removed the plugin.
    Will try to reinstall it later in another installation of eclipse.
    So what actually caused the issue? Was it just eclipse which messed up the plugin update?

#615921 Reply

Aaron Lara

I’m glad to know you are up and going! The issue wasn’t directly CodeMix as we use Eclipse APIs to do the update. Eclipse’s P2 sometimes fails this way.

The Bundles file I sent you is the result of an install I made locally (made sure some plugins matched your versions). But it’s possible a couple of plugins are missing (other spcific plugins installed by you in Eclipse).

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Have a great day!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Eclipse oxgen crashed on startup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in