facebook

Eclipse Oxygen.3 Update Broke CodeMix

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

myronuecker
    Participant

I installed the latest Eclipse Oxygen.3 updates today and now the CodeMix engine will not connect. When I start Eclipse I see multiple CodeMix processes in the task manager under Eclipse, then they all terminate and the engine does not connect. When this happens, I cannot edit an file using a CodeMix editor (such as a JSON file) and syntax highlighting is not available.

I have seen this error on startup twice this morning:
    Exit value: -1

Process output:

[main 9:08:45 AM] update#ctor – updates are disabled

From the Eclipse .log file. I didn’t include everything in the log, but these are the only entries that appear to be related to CodeMix:

!SESSION 2018-04-11 09:08:32.454 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=4.7.3.M20180301-0715
    java.version=1.8.0_161
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2018-04-11 09:09:00.143
    !MESSAGE UI thread waiting on a job or lock.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Call stack for thread main
    at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Semaphore.acquire(Semaphore.java:39)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.doAcquire(OrderedLock.java:170)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.acquire(OrderedLock.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.acquire(OrderedLock.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn(WorkManager.java:122)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:2188)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.deleteMarkers(Resource.java:796)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.problem.CodeMarkerUtil.deleteMarkers(CodeMarkerUtil.java:50)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.editor.CodeEditor.removeMarkers(CodeEditor.java:679)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.CodeService$InitializeConnection.lambda$0(CodeService.java:121)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.CodeService$InitializeConnection$$Lambda$354/1734905022.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4213)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3820)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1150)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$$Lambda$68/390901976.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:151)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core 4 0 2018-04-11 09:09:13.515
    !MESSAGE CodeMix Engine Process has ended unexpectedly [-1]:
    [main 9:08:45 AM] update#ctor – updates are disabled

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #579775 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

We’ve been testing with Oxygen 3 ever since it was released, so updating to this version should not have caused a problem.

I have a couple of simple suggestions:

1) Can you shut down your IDE, then delete the .codemix folder you will find in your home directory and then start the IDE again? This will force a re-extraction of the CodeMix engine when you next start the IDE.

2) Reboot your machine – will just ensure that no stale processes/resources are messing with the connection.

Do let us know if this gets you going.

#579778 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

It does look like deleting the .codemix folder fixed that issue. CodeMix says it is connected now.

#579907 Reply

support-swapna

Myron,

Glad that the issue is fixed. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#591882 Reply

prashant-saraf
    Participant

I am facing same issue. I am using 2017 Stable 2.0, the delete of .codemix is not working

#591973 Reply

support-swapna

Prashant,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with CodeMix.

1. Can you please clarify if you have also tried rebooting your machine as Brian suggested?
    2. Is it the first time you are installing CodeMix or did it stop working suddenly?
    3. Do you also have trouble editing files in CodeMix editor and accessing CodeMix related pages like CodeMix Extensions?
    4. Please send us the workspace log by clicking on the ‘Export Log’ icon in the Error Log view to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#591978 Reply

prashant-saraf
    Participant

1. I tried those and its not working. (delete the .codemix )
    2. Code Mix was working before now its not.
    3. CodeMix hot keys does not work anymore.
    4. user setting under codemix preference says “Current Page Contains invalid value”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #591984 Reply

support-swapna

Prashant,

Thank you for the details and the log file. The dev team is looking into the problem.

Do you see a dialog on startup about CodeMix’s failure to start? If yes, then please send us a screenshot to help us get a visual.

Please recheck if you are on the latest build from Window > Preferences > CodeMix page. The latest build id for CodeMix is 0.9.0.201805311321. If you are working with an older version, then please go to Help > Check for Updates, update to the latest version and check.

Thank you for your patience. We are hoping to resolve the issue soon.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#592403 Reply

prashant-saraf
    Participant

I have
    CodeMix for Eclipse : 0.9.0.201805311321. Even I tried reinstalling myeclipse but its not working. There is no dialog on startup.

#592413 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

I apologize, we have detected an issue that can arise on 32-bit Windows. If it is possible for you to run Eclipse with 64-bit, then you could do these steps:

1. Stop Eclipse
    2. Delete ~/.codemix
    3. Start Eclipse 64-bit (install CodeMix if needed)

We are putting out a fixed release tomorrow or latest Thursday. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

#592592 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

If you update today, you’ll be able to pick up the new version of CodeMix that fixes a Windows 32-bit runtime problem that was impacting some users. There are of course other items covered in this release that you can read about here:
    https://www.genuitec.com/exciting-news-about-codemix/

Please do let us know if this helps you get up and going!

#593482 Reply

prashant-saraf
    Participant

I am using 64-bit and its working fine. Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Eclipse Oxygen.3 Update Broke CodeMix

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in