facebook

Eclipse will not operate after installing devstyle

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

scott-m-gardner
    Participant

I installed devstype for the inline search. But when I restarted eclipse after installing, it fails to start. I cannot even get to the point where I can uninstall devstyle. When eclipse is starting I get the following:
    First Error dialog
    The standard workspace selection dialog shows up next. I select my wksp-clean workspace, as usual.
    Followed by:
    Second Error dialog
    And then it fails to start.

The log seems to be complaining about the java AWT library.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #582849 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Scott,

Very odd! Not being able to load the AWT library from the Java runtime itself is quite peculiar. My first thought would be to install or reinstall a new version of Java or use the -vm argument in the eclipse.ini file to point to an alternate version of Java.

If you are unable to make this work changing Java, in the configuration/config.ini folder, you can turn off the startup experience using genuitec.disable.devstyle.startup=false — of course if you just want to remove DevStyle again, you can “brick it” by deleting a couple plugins from disk and then you can proceed to use p2 to uninstall it. Simply delete com.genuitec.eclipse.webicons & com.genuitec.eclipse.patches from your plugins area to disable our software from running.

Cheers and hope that helps!

Tim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Eclipse will not operate after installing devstyle

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in