facebook

Editor hangs on file rename.

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

neily
    Participant

Had this quite a few times now, F2 to rename a file, rename and click OK. IDE sits for ages, have left it 8 mins at one point, and just does not respond. Have to force close and restart

#672063 Reply

support-swapna

Neily,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I ran few tests with renaming the files and could not replicate the problem at my end.
    I am assuming you are on the latest Angular IDE i.e 2020.7.22.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Is the freeze happening only when trying to rename a specific file type in a specific project or any file type in the workspace?
    2. Do you see the freeze in a new workspace with a simple project as well?
    3. Please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log along with the OS and version details. Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.
    4. If possible, please also send us 3-4 thread dumps when the IDE freezes. It would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the Angular IDE process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. You can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period of freeze, and attach those files here.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Editor hangs on file rename.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in