facebook

EJB Deploy fails

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I’m trying to run ejbdeploy for an EJB project in myeclipse but it fails with the following error:

EJB deploy failed
    Error while processing project FW: com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: Cannot run RMIC because it is not installed. Expected location of RMIC is the following: C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\bin\
    com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: Cannot run RMIC because it is not installed. Expected location of RMIC is the following: C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\bin\

The following are environment Details
    Websphere Application Server : 8.5 (non-ND)
    WAS_HOME: C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer
    My Eclipse:
    Version: 10.7 Blue
    Build id: 10.7-Blue-20121026

#349960 Reply

support-swapna

Sai Kiran,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please answer some more questions for us?

1. Is this EJB project migrated from RAD? If yes then which version of RAD?

2. If you’re not using the in-workspace deployment mode, you don’t need to run the EJB Deploy tool manually and should be able to deploy directly; EJBDeploy will be run by WAS. Can you check deploying it directly ?

3. If you are using the in-workspace mode,please create a new JRE pointing to Websphere JDK and make sure it is selected in the Preferences > Installed JREs and then run the EJBDeploy tool.

Let us know how it works for you.

#349972 Reply

Hi,
    1. Is this EJB project migrated from RAD? If yes then which version of RAD?
    NO
    2. If you’re not using the in-workspace deployment mode, you don’t need to run the EJB Deploy tool manually and should be able to deploy directly; EJBDeploy will be run by WAS. Can you check deploying it directly ?
    I’m using in-workspace deployment mode
    3. If you are using the in-workspace mode,please create a new JRE pointing to Websphere JDK and make sure it is selected in the Preferences > Installed JREs and then run the EJBDeploy tool.
    The JDKs point to the Websphere JDK. I installed Java SDK version 1.7 as well and replaced the contents of Java in websphere with that of Java 1.7. Still I see the problem.
    Please note that the same issue is being faced by many of my team members. Please suggest a work around as soon as possible.

#350033 Reply

support-swapna

Saikiran,

Thank you for the details.

Can you please check if the rmic.exe file is present in the expected location i.e C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\bin\ and that it is accessible at that location ?

#350065 Reply

Hi Swapna,
    rmic.exe is present and I gave all permissions to it. Still it doesn’t work.

#350209 Reply

support-swapna

Saikiran,

Apologies for the delayed response.

1. Can you please let us know if your team mates are also seeing the issue with the same WAS installation? There might be something wrong with the WAS installation.

2. Can you also recheck if you are running MyEclipse Blue as an administrator (right click myeclipse-blue.exe > Run as administrator)? There can be permission problems which prevent some actions from correctly executing in some cases.

2. If you have access to WAS 7 or WAS 8.0, can you please configure it, create a new EAR project with EJB modules and see if the Run EJB Deploy works?

3. If the issue persists, can you please try downloading the latest version of MyEclipse, MyEclipse 2015 C1 and see if the issue persists ?
    You can download it from here : http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=Recommend_Us&req=Download2015&EULA=yes

4. If the issue persists, please copy paste the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log to help us investigate further.

Let us know how it works for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: EJB Deploy fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in